Author Topic: Hiccups  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
  • Wightroche Magical Knight
Hiccups
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2006, 07:20:12 PM »
silly question but as on pigs ears do you know what age they can have these from?  I bought one ages ago but haven't given it too him yet as concerned it was bigger than him when he arrived home, not so worried now but don't want to cause any problems....

thanks

cheryl and snoopy
cheryl, owned by Snops, Rocks, Pebbles and Ruby Roo

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
Hiccups
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2006, 07:24:12 PM »
Bless him - he's sooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!

Funnily enough, our Max doesn't have a shoe problem, but is fanatical about socks!!!

And yes  - he follows me EVERYWHERE - he hates closed doors & will sit the other side of the bathroom door, whimpering like a baby!! If I'm having a shower, he dozes on the bathmat!!

Can beat that Snoopy managed to get in our bath with me still in it the other day, not sure how but he was splashing around having loads of fun and enjoying seeing me panick about how I was going to get out without letting him try to scramble out and soak the whole bathroom......  

I'm lucky in that I work from home, so I get to spend a lot of time with him, but he's equally as attached to hubby these days (he was VERY clingy with just me to start with but he's growing out of that now) & is fine with his human grandparents puppy-sitting him if we're out a while - even the odd overnight. He's always sooooooooooo happy to see us though - goes mental - throws his head back & howls like crazy & then won't leave us alone for hours - bless - I love it really!!
You are really lucky working at home, I wish I did I hate not watching him grow up and see the silly things he does, I had nearly 4 weeks off prior to xmas and new year to spend with him and settle him in and really didn't want to go back to work..........  I sometimes find myself doing a home visit on staff who are off sick just so I can pop home and for 5 mins outside of the normal lunch times, even the oh pops in when he is in the area,

I really must get hubby to help with some photos - I think I did post some a while back under the 'general' section - October time I think!

How are you finding puppy ownership? I'm loving it - I'm completely neurotic about every little thing though - drives hubby nuts! I've only ever had older dogs before as a child/young adult & my parents really took the brunt of the care, so this is my first solo effort - I figure it's good practice for having kids!!??!!

:lol:
[snapback]181174[/snapback]

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
Hiccups
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2006, 07:26:04 PM »

Funnily enough, our Max doesn't have a shoe problem, but is fanatical about socks!!!

And yes  - he follows me EVERYWHERE - he hates closed doors & will sit the other side of the bathroom door, whimpering like a baby!! If I'm having a shower, he dozes on the bathmat!!

Can beat that Snoopy managed to get in our bath with me still in it the other day, not sure how but he was splashing around having loads of fun and enjoying seeing me panick about how I was going to get out without letting him try to scramble out and soak the whole bathroom......  

I'm lucky in that I work from home, so I get to spend a lot of time with him, but he's equally as attached to hubby these days (he was VERY clingy with just me to start with but he's growing out of that now) & is fine with his human grandparents puppy-sitting him if we're out a while - even the odd overnight. He's always sooooooooooo happy to see us though - goes mental - throws his head back & howls like crazy & then won't leave us alone for hours - bless - I love it really!!
You are really lucky working at home, I wish I did I hate not watching him grow up and see the silly things he does, I had nearly 4 weeks off prior to xmas and new year to spend with him and settle him in and really didn't want to go back to work..........  I sometimes find myself doing a home visit on staff who are off sick just so I can pop home and for 5 mins outside of the normal lunch times, even the oh pops in when he is in the area,

oops SORRY SNOOPY JUST JUMPED ON KEYBOARD AND DID SOME TYPING AND POSTED A REPLY HE REALLY IS A GETTING GOOD AT THIS INTERNET AND CHAT STUFF...... :lol:

How are you finding puppy ownership? I'm loving it - I'm completely neurotic about every little thing though - drives hubby nuts! I've only ever had older dogs before as a child/young adult & my parents really took the brunt of the care, so this is my first solo effort - I figure it's good practice for having kids!!??!!

[snapback]181271[/snapback]

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
Hiccups
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2006, 07:32:22 PM »
Quote from: ccook,Jan 30 2006, 08:24 PM
Quote from: MaxG,Jan 30 2006, 05:50 PM

I'm lucky in that I work from home, so I get to spend a lot of time with him, but he's equally as attached to hubby these days (he was VERY clingy with just me to start with but he's growing out of that now) & is fine with his human grandparents puppy-sitting him if we're out a while - even the odd overnight. He's always sooooooooo happy to see us though - goes mental - throws his head back & howls like crazy & then won't leave us alone for hours - bless - I love it really!!

oOPS SORRY Snoopy doing his bit to help with replying here just jumped on keyboard and posted earlier reply, he is really smart and getting the hang of the internet....... will have ensure parentals controls are on when we're out :lol:

I love it, nothing can compare to this feeling, I'm also completely neurotic about every thing too - OH tells me off but he is the same with his CAT!!!!! who is apprently the BOSS!!!!  :lol:   I have never been luckly enough to be able to have children, so guess this is the closet I will get, but still its great, we are even considering having another cocker next year, oh wants a girl as Snoopy is definietly mine and he feels a female would be more his, not sure why as his boy cat follows him everywhere.....  

You'll have to keep us informed on the Kids front?????

What's the craziest thing yours has done?

[snapback]181271[/snapback]

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
Hiccups
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2006, 08:25:21 PM »
Max is crazy ALL the time!!

He has showers with hubby if he's really dirty (that's a sight to see!) & we fear for the decor/carpet in the bathroom - he's got a habit of shaking when in the bath & it's every man/woman for themselves!!

He also likes to sit & lick the outside of the shower cubicle glass doors when hubby is in there - he thinks the water is running down the outside?! He loves it in there so much that he often sleeps in there - god knows why - he's got the run of the house at night & several comfy beds/cushions/bean bags etc around the place, but he curls up in the cold, hard, plastic shower tray - weirdo!! That's till the early hours when the cheeky little git sneaks onto the bed!!

I love it when he howls & 'talks' to us - if we say 'hello' to him in an excited voice, he goes nuts & howls, growls, barks, whines a stunning array of weird noises - he'll even put his paws on your shoulders & howl right in your face & then lick you??!!

He's obsessed with laundry & has been known to get in the washing basket & attempt to get his head into the washing machine in an effort to pull out things he fancies - I caught him trying to pull a pair of jeans down the stairs once when he was only about 5 mths old!!  

Sometimes he can seem really intelligent & then other times he's as dim as a 20 watt bulb!! Bless him!!

What's Snoopy like?!

from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
Hiccups
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2006, 08:37:51 PM »
Well him and snoopy could be related regarding the laundry, heres what left of the laundry basket.........[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

He has also pinched oh expensive socks and we have only got one left, let along underwear.....

The funiest thing is when he hangs off my horses tail whilst i'm trying to brush it, she isn't that amused about it but I am  :lol:

He also loves eating bubble bath foam, not sure why but barks to get it out the bath.....

He loves sneaking into the bed at 4.00 am every morning and then looks at you to say what are you doing in my bed, although when I put him back in his he wasn't impressed and sat and looked at me with cocker eyes, so I gave in and he slept on the bed.... whoops.... :huh:

Cheryl and Snoopy

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
Hiccups
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2006, 09:00:09 PM »
We've given in on the bed issue - he often kips at the bottom - ah well!! He's pretty good  really - never gets territorial about it & if we shove him off, he goes without a sound & usually stays off, so we figure 'what the hell' - same with the sofa - he gets off when told & never moans about it, so we're not bothered - I quite like it to be honest - he's warm & cuddly!! (We've now got throws over all the beds though & I've got shares in leather wipes for the sofa but I don't really care!)  :lol:

Tell Snoopy that Max says 'good effort' on that laundry basket!!    :lol:  Love that last pic where he's looking at the monkey!!!!   :lol:
from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
Hiccups
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2006, 11:30:57 AM »
Glad we're not the only one with the Dog on the bed......

Although he doesn't do this during the day he enjoys his bed downstairs by the radiator, to keep his little skinny bum warm during the day.....