Author Topic: Grass Seeds  (Read 10158 times)

Offline cocotheblackcocker

• Site Member
Re: Grass Seeds
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2007, 06:54:22 AM »
We're trying to source a snood and haven't found one, except a very brightly patterened one which I'm refusing to buy. I suggested I could make one in black and my OH has suggested making it out of black fur and attaching a pair of fake cocker ears to it.  No one will ever know!

I got mine off ebay a lady on there makes them to size for £2.80 including postage.  She sells them under 'ear protectors' though rather than snoods.
Here is a picture of Amber in hers.  She is NOT impressed, but I don't care if it keeps the dreaded grass seeds out.  I think it is a bit big though so I am going to send it back and she has made me a slightly smaller one.

amber is gorgeous she looks adorable in the snood

Offline cocotheblackcocker

• Site Member
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2007, 06:58:21 AM »
Bl&&dy hell £1575.45  :o  I'm sure that Coco is worth every penny  :luv: but I think this should be an advisory for anyone doubting the value of insurance  ;)  Even if I'd put my monthly premiums away religiously - there is no way I'd have covered that!

Ben's grass seed has cost £175 so far and that doesn't include the last visit - the planned one - or the future op  ph34r

Anyone thinking about not taking out insurance and tucking away the premium - beware!  It may bite you on the bum  ;)

debbie so you have insurance for ben , do you have to pay, then claim?

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2007, 04:22:53 PM »
Bl&&dy hell £1575.45  :o  I'm sure that Coco is worth every penny  :luv: but I think this should be an advisory for anyone doubting the value of insurance  ;)  Even if I'd put my monthly premiums away religiously - there is no way I'd have covered that!

Ben's grass seed has cost £175 so far and that doesn't include the last visit - the planned one - or the future op  ph34r

Anyone thinking about not taking out insurance and tucking away the premium - beware!  It may bite you on the bum  ;)

That's the vets policy - there is a sign at reception.  Luckily I have a credit card but maybe they'd make an exception for a really big bill if someone didn't have the money up front?

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2007, 04:30:59 PM »

That's the vets policy - there is a sign at reception.  Luckily I have a credit card but maybe they'd make an exception for a really big bill if someone didn't have the money up front?

I would thin it unlikely, Deb - the advice of the Financial Services Authority to veterinary practices is very clear - the policy is between the owner and the insurers  :-\

Some bigger practices offer payment plans, or invoicing - but charge interest until the balance is settled  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club