Author Topic: Holly still poorly  (Read 11737 times)

Offline Kimberley

• Site Member
Re: Holly still poorly
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 09:00:51 AM »
Coco can't eat egg it goes through him and 100 mph, chicken in small quantities only.

Mashed potato with a small amount of chicken stock, was the old way for settling the stomach, its worth a try.
Kim is owned by Coco, Breeze the Cockers and Charlie the (failed foster)Cavi

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 10:17:35 AM »
Just caught this thread and here's hoping the effects of the vet diet is only temporary and she quickly returns to her old self. :luv:
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline teapot

• Site Member
  • ~Tia~
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 03:34:39 PM »
Oh poor Holly, hope she starts to feel better soon. Sending lots of healing thoughts and hugs  :luv:
Marie & Tia x

Offline Matthelen

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 09:51:24 PM »
Here's hoping that in a short while most of the conditions will settle down and the only further medical treatment will be the drops.  I hope she is feeling better today and I hope you too are better.  It must be hard for you too. Wilbur and Mabel send hugs and sloppy licks to you both  :-*

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 10:54:14 PM »
I just saw this  ph34r  can't believe I missed it. Poor Holly, I hope she's better overnight Sheryl, thinking of you both xx
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline LucyJ

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 11:46:53 PM »
Poor girl, I hope she's feeling better today  :luv:

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 11:52:34 PM »
Is it worth trying Holly with a bit of yoghurt to help settle her stomach or can't she tolerate that either? :-\ . Hope her stomach settles soon.
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline fenn2006

• Site Member
  • Best girl Fenn
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2008, 10:27:59 AM »
Oh Sheryl seems never ending for you and poor Holly dosen't it...I hope her belly sorts itself out soon.  I have no advice but sending you and Holl's big hugs (((())))) :-*
Cockers are little people with minds of their own... x0x

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2008, 11:57:36 AM »
Put her on plain boiled white fish and same thing, diarrhoea.  Phoned the vet (again) and he said that the gut is obviously well damaged and he thinks she isn't drinking much because she may find it painful to swallow.  He is leaving some Dioralite sachets, some antacid tablets and some paste he says will coat her gut.  Pro-Kolin maybe?  Don't know :-\   If things are the same tomorrow I have to take her in.  I will maybe try her with a teaspoon of live yoghurt when her stomach settles.  Is that once a day?  I feel so sorry for the poor pooch.  As I said to him, if she was young then I wouldn't be so worried but she is 11 this month.  Too old to be not drinking and missing meals :'(
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline jura

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2008, 12:21:21 PM »
I can understand just how you are feeling my dog has been taken away with th evet today she is very sick hope your wee angel picks up soon thinking of you  love Sandra

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2008, 12:51:29 PM »
Put her on plain boiled white fish and same thing, diarrhoea.  Phoned the vet (again) and he said that the gut is obviously well damaged and he thinks she isn't drinking much because she may find it painful to swallow.  He is leaving some Dioralite sachets, some antacid tablets and some paste he says will coat her gut.  Pro-Kolin maybe?  Don't know :-\   If things are the same tomorrow I have to take her in.  I will maybe try her with a teaspoon of live yoghurt when her stomach settles.  Is that once a day?  I feel so sorry for the poor pooch.  As I said to him, if she was young then I wouldn't be so worried but she is 11 this month.  Too old to be not drinking and missing meals :'(

When Jessie was suffering she was given cimetidine which are antacids  which really did help, she also has pro-max paste to line her tum.

We had to starve her for 12 hours tho then give v small meals for 3 days...jessie had 6 meals a day.....then we dropped to 4.....then we stayed on 3 for ages...we have just got back to 2 meals a day....

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2008, 01:26:02 PM »
I am just doing one teaspoon of fish every few hours.  I know he said to me that it does dogs good to starve them but she has been starved twice already in a week and she has hardly eaten anything.  I am not even contemplating when I will be able to re-introduce her normal biscuits.  I will feel better though when I can syringe some Dioralite into her :-\  Great to hear that those things worked for Jessie though.  Gives me some hope to get Holly back to normal.
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline LouiseAS

• Inactive
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2008, 01:32:33 PM »
Poor Holly.  Give her a gentle squeeze from me  :luv:
Louise & my beautiful girl Meg xx

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2008, 01:47:36 PM »
The Pro kaline(sp)? paste is really good Sheryl, Louis had it a lot.  ;) Within 24 hrs it was usually effective. Hope Holly picks up soon, thinking of you.  :luv:

Offline caro

• Donator
  • Sam
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2008, 03:09:49 PM »
I've just found this Sheryl and am sorry to here Holly is going through such a poorly time.  Thinking of you and sending cyber hugs and gentle squishes. 

Sorry to hear about your dog Sandra
Caroline & Sam RIP Fern x RIP Charlie Cat x