Author Topic: Dandruff?  (Read 1409 times)

Offline JANE D

• Site Member
Dandruff?
« on: March 13, 2004, 12:58:51 PM »
Hi all  Charlie and I have just come back from a good walk (best one yet actually as far as pulling is concerned !) Anyway I thought I'd give him a good brush and noticed that the fur on his back is full of little white bits that won't brush out. I've got up close to see if I can see anything moving
but I can't !!! He was frontlined two weeks ago so do you think this is dandruff? He doesn't seem to be scratching any more than usual but his coat really doesn't look in very good condition. Any tips for dealing with it and getting his coat in better condition?
Thanks
Jane and Charlie

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
Dandruff?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 09:35:54 PM »
:roll: HI JANE
MY PUP BAILEY SEEMS TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE WHITE BITS IN HIS FUR, HOWEVER HE DOES SCRATCH. I LIKE YOU HAVE CHECKED FOR FLEAS ETC BUT CANT SEE ANYTHING. I WAS SPEAKING TO A FRIEND WHO AS A WESTIE AND SHE SUGGESTED TRYING A DRY DOG FOOD CALLED (JAMES WELLBELOVED) AS ITS ORGANIC AND DOESN'T HAVE THE USUAL STUFF IN IT WHAT IS IN THE MEAT. SHE SAID HER DOG HAS STOPPED THE ITCHING AND DOESN'T HAVE THE WHITE BITS ANYMORE. IM TRYING TO WEAN BAILEY OF HIS MEAT AT THE MOMENT TO SEE IF IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. HOWVER ITS A HARD TASK TO DO AS HE DOESN'T SEEM TO LIKE THE DRY FOOD. GOOD LUCK HOPE YOU SOLVE YOUR LITTLE PROBLEM.                    
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Dandruff?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 09:36:35 AM »
We have two puppies ( a cocker and a westie ) both around the 8 month mark, we feed them on Nutro - dry with JWB - wet, on a half and half basis. Both pups love it, even the westie who is very fussy. We moved to this mix to try and reduce the itching both were suffering and it definately has helped. Saffi (the westie) still scratches a bit but nothing like how she used to. Jessie now has a lovely glossy, silky coat so this food suits them both.
A word of advice tho - dont switch the pups food too much as this can make them fussy....like our Saffi....we tried several before deciding to stick with these two...she can be a little minx with food and if she doesn't eat we take it up and she misses a meal..!!
Cheers Jane