Author Topic: cystitus  (Read 2314 times)

Offline Ange

• Site Member
cystitus
« on: March 16, 2004, 09:16:19 PM »
Got in after picking kids up from school and let Poppy out, I noticed she had a wee. Went out about 10 mins later and she was weeing again, this time she started crying and lying down obviously in pain.  Immediatley took her to the vets who diagnosed cystitus and gave her an injection and oral antibiotics.  Poppy is now 10 months old could this be a sign of her coming into season?

Also we are going away in July and Poppy will have to go in kennels, I mentioned this to the vet who told me that they can give her some drug to stop her coming into season but they do not recommend it to stop a first season.  Can anyone give me any more information regarding this drug or any advise as to what my options would be regarding kenneling Poppy.

Can I add that I would love to cancel holiday and stop at home with Poppy,as I am absolutely terrified of flying, but hubby has twisted my arm.

Thanks
Ange                    

Offline PennyB

cystitus
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 10:09:38 PM »
My dog came into her 1st season when she was about 13 months old and the run up to it seemed to take forever. I wouldn't worry about using kennels if she does come into season as a number have no problem with dealing with dogs who do.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
cystitus
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 10:53:41 AM »
Cystitis is a bladder infection - it's not usually anything to do with a bitch coming in season although at 10 months old, she may not be too far away. Apple cider vinegar in the drinking water is supposed to be very helpful in preventing cystitis coming back - some bitches can be prone to attacks for some reason.                    
Jane

Offline Ange

• Site Member
cystitus
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 06:01:31 PM »
Thank you for your replies Penny and Jane, I will get some Apple Cider vinegar in, just in case.  I will also phone round our shortlist of kennels to see if a bitch in season is a problem.

Thanks
Ange                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
cystitus
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 10:29:34 PM »
Only just caught this....... sorry to hear this about Poppy, Ange :(   Hope she is feeling better soon!

Any chance of posting a pic of her in the gallery, its such a long time since I saw her :wink:                    

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
cystitus
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 08:05:16 AM »
Oh, poor Poppy! I hope she's feeling better now

Shona x                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
cystitus
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 09:20:31 AM »
Awww poor little babs, i hope shes feeling a lot better today Ange.

I bet shes realy grown since we last saw her.  :)                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Ange

• Site Member
cystitus
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 11:09:02 AM »
Thanks everyone Poppy is alot better today, she seems to be back to her normal self.  I will post photo of her later, when hubby gets in,as its to complicated for me.

Hopefully meet up with you Emma and Barb again on Northwest meet, looking forward to it.

Ange                    

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
cystitus
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2004, 06:52:18 PM »
Cystitis is a bladder infection - it's not usually anything to do with a bitch coming in season although at 10 months old, she may not be too far away. Apple cider vinegar in the drinking water is supposed to be very helpful in preventing cystitis coming back - some bitches can be prone to attacks for some reason.

Jane - what sort of ration are we talking about apple cider vinegar to water?  I've not heard that one before  :)                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
cystitus
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2004, 11:03:59 PM »

Jane - what sort of ration are we talking about apple cider vinegar to water?  I've not heard that one before  :)

You don't need much - say about a teaspoon to a bowl of water. You can also use cranberry juice but not all dogs will take to cranberry juice in their water :wink:                    
Jane

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
cystitus
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2004, 02:43:34 PM »
Thanks Jane  :D  I think mine would drink anything! Have made a note of this for future reference - Lolly had a bout of cystitis last year.                    
Linda
xx

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
cystitus
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2004, 02:22:01 PM »
Or you could  try adding a few drops of colloidal silver to the drinking water.  it's brilliant stuff.

Linda                    
Linda, Jess and baby Jimmy
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
cystitus
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2004, 03:38:44 PM »
Another Linda  :lol:  What is colloidal silver and where can I get it from please? :)                    
Linda
xx

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
cystitus
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2004, 03:50:15 PM »
Hiya Linda, Take a look at this site
www.caninenaturalcures.co.uk

Then just look up the link to colloidal silver.  jess had a bit of a runny eye last week.  i bathed it with c/s on cotton wool and it cleared up immediately.  i think its fab :lol:  :lol:   Hubby uses it for his athletes foot an all and if it can clear that up it can cure anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a great site and easy to order from.  You can use colloidal silver for a million and one things

HTH
Linda and Jess                    
Linda, Jess and baby Jimmy
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
cystitus
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2004, 07:37:19 PM »
Hi linda
Thanks for that very quick response - will look at that website and most likely order some if it is that good :lol:  :lol: Cheers                    
Linda
xx