Author Topic: Worming Advice / help please (Don't read if eating etc)  (Read 1041 times)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Worming Advice / help please (Don't read if eating etc)
« on: May 15, 2008, 07:13:00 AM »
 >:D >:D

Wormed my lot seemed to take ages with one certain dog who is meant to eat anything, Had to spoon feed Jock as he knew there was something in his food  ::)

OK OK I did it the wrong time of day I admit that (approx 5pm) as i kept forgetting to do in the mornings.

By 10.30pm Fern was sick, which was a fair amount of her tea  :-\
Then 11.45pm Braan had been sick also but a lot worse than Fern - he must have emptied his stomach  :'( poor thing

This was Tuesday and drontal was used (Jock has been fine)

Popped along to vet yesterday and they said that it won't have worked and I'd have to re do them - they would only give me Panacur  :-\

The Panacur is still on the side and not used yet. I asked about Milbemax and basically got told no we don't have it for dogs  >:D

This morning - Fern has been sick again but it is a bright yellow colour with a bit of grass in it  :'( She seems fine in herself

Please HELP  :'( :'(

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: Worming Advice / help please (Don't read if eating etc)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 07:19:41 AM »
Had the Drontal experience here once - never again!

Fern sounds like it really upset her tummy but it seems like it's not affecting her otherwise - I would put Fern on cooked chicken and rice till her tummy settles, and next week once they're all fit give them the Panacur.  Despite having an awful reaction on Drontal, Mr Sensitive Stomach here can handle the Panacur  ;)

and don't worry about it Cazza, they sound like they're showing no symptoms of worms in their stools etc so another week won't hurt them  :D
helen & jarvis x

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 07:24:17 AM »
Thanks Helen - appreciate your quick reply  :D

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 09:28:26 AM »
We avoid Drontal here too - a milbemax household (panacur for baileyBirman tho) here!

Janey

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 09:31:10 AM »
Kali can't take Panacur or Drontal so Milbemax here.  My vets say they will get it for me if necessary.
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline screamingswifts

• Limited Member
  • Fargo the Scruff Butt
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 10:25:07 AM »
eughhw - cleaning vomit up is never good, but especially so last thing at night and first thing in the morning. My sympathies  ;)

Fargo had this 'experience' with drontal....I checked with the vet and they said so long as the vomiting was after 20mins of giving the pill that it would still be effective.....that seems an awfully short period of time though for it really to have worked :huh:

This morning - Fern has been sick again but it is a bright yellow colour with a bit of grass in it  :'( She seems fine in herself

Please HELP  :'( :'(

Frida heaved her guts up when she had it, right down to the yellow bile, again with grass...you feel so sorry for them but she was fine later in the day. I will be on the hunt for milbemax as well....anyone know if you can get it online?

Offline MuffinsMum

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 08:29:37 AM »
Have you tried Panacur Favourites?  They are more expensive but Muffin will sit, stand, lie for them.

Should add that I am referring to encouraging them to eat the wormer.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 09:38:29 PM »
You can buy Milbemax online from PetPrescriptions  - but you need a prescription from your vet which should be free of charge

Hope this helps, and does not break any forum rules
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 09:53:44 PM »
You can buy Milbemax online from PetPrescriptions  - but you need a prescription from your vet which should be free of charge

:'( :'(  Even tho it should be law that vets prescribtions are free my vet won't write one for us  ::)  have tried for Metacam for my lab and they just won't do it  >:D

edited to add Thanks anyway

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 10:01:03 PM »
Cazza you can buy milbemax WITHOUT a prescription HERE

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 10:02:48 PM »
Cazza you can buy milbemax WITHOUT a prescription HERE

Thank you  :D

I think you have posted this before but I couldn't find it  :shades: Have now book marked it for future use Thanks  :D