Author Topic: Webster's Wheels - An answer to a prayer!  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Barbie

• Site Member
Webster's Wheels - An answer to a prayer!
« on: March 31, 2004, 08:46:46 PM »
I would like to post a happy ending to a desperate plea I posted last year. We were looking for a set of "wheels" for our much loved Cocker, Webster, after his back legs gave way.  We had no success through the Forum but found help via the Internet in the form of K-9 Carts.
Webster's "wheels" have been an answer to our prayers.  They have given him back his mobility and he is now able to get around independantly, do his toilet easily and without any mess and he has actually regained some strength in his rear legs.
We were in despair last year, as we felt we had no other alternative but to put Webster to sleep.  But, thank goodness, we found K-9 Carts!
(Should anyone want any more details, I would be more than happy to help).                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 11:44:04 PM »
aww im so glad for you . i once had a cocker with very bad legs too she wouldent move far only to the toilet so i would carry her all over the place to give her some life . i can tell you she was so heavy to the end of her life unfortunatly she ended up full of water i cant rember what they called it due to kidney failure .
 i wish i had of known about this before i would have got her one .
i know how you felt about what you were thinking about last year some how with a disabled cocker you seem to get much more closer like a baby really well thats how i felt , having to do everything for it and thinking what it needs next and what you can do to keep him stimulated , when she passed away people  said oh its just a dog with bad legs , but its not like that at all ,i really hope it improves his quailty of life and im sure it will :) good luck to you both keep us posted how hes getting on :)                    

Offline daftcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.chaysonniecockers.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 05:00:19 PM »
Just seen his piccie on the gallery WONDERFULL :D  :D , he looks quite pleased with his new set of wheels                    
WWW.CHAYSONNIECOCKERS.CO.UK

Thanks susan and the gang

Offline devondumpling

• Site Member
    • www.gwbertcockerspaniels.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 08:36:53 PM »
Oh bless!
Where are the picies?                    

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2004, 10:00:01 AM »
Awwww I just love a happy ending :wink:  :D                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Barbie

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 12:07:09 PM »
If you would like to see a picture of Webster, there is one posted on the Photo Gallery in the Misc. Photo section.