Author Topic: Interdigital cyst or something else [new pics] now been to the vets.  (Read 10068 times)

Offline SJP

• Site Member
Re: Interdigital cyst or something else
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 06:20:00 PM »
What exactly is silica?  And what can it be used for (besides expelling grass seeds)?
Sally & Lola xxx

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 09:10:24 PM »
I don't think that looks like a typical grass seed infection to be honest. It looks too "contained" for that, if you can see what I mean. Almost like a bite (bug bite) or something similar.

Does it look exactly the same now? If not, then I would print off those photos to take to the vets when you go. They may well find them helpful.

I'm sure you will have done no harm with the treatment you have been giving. Just sorry it's coming back. Time to get it checked! Hope it's a simple fix and that it soon stops bothering him.

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2008, 06:44:47 AM »
Julie it looks very similar to the histiocytoma that Harmy had in between his toes

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 11:04:33 AM »
Julie it looks very similar to the histiocytoma that Harmy had in between his toes

What do you do about that then.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 11:12:56 AM »
Some more pics taken this morning.
It doesn't seem to be bothering him  now, went to the beach yesterday and he didn't hobble when we came back and was running about like a mad thing, anyway have a look at these.

One just isn't enough.

Offline LucyJ

• Site Member
Re: Interdigital cyst or something else [new pics]
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2008, 11:51:00 AM »
The site of Cooper's grass seed was 'contained' just like that (it looked just like a large blister) but was a lot angrier looking, it was very pink, and occasionally oozed pus. 

I hope it's not a grass seed, evil things  >:D.

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 11:59:42 AM »
I've got an appointment at 5.30 with the vet. Better safe than sorry as I'm not sure what it is and if there is anything in it it's best seen to.
One just isn't enough.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2008, 12:10:13 PM »
I've got an appointment at 5.30 with the vet. Better safe than sorry as I'm not sure what it is and if there is anything in it it's best seen to.

Best to be safe  ;)  I timed out when I was typing a response.    Because it has a little 'head' and is not angry and infected as LucyJ has described I'm thinking like Annette, could be an insect sting?  Hoping it's something simple like that.  I don't think a cyst would have a 'head' - could be completely wrong though  :-\

Keep us posted, and good luck.
helen & jarvis x

Offline ladylola

• Donator
Re: Interdigital cyst or something else [new pics] Been to the vets.
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2008, 07:58:40 PM »
Been to the Vets
and they don't know what it is  :-\   She thinks he may have had something in it like a grass seed but said it will have migrated and to watch for something coming out further up his leg. She gave it a squeeze and nothing. Or he could have scratched it or pierced it on something and it became infected. So he has had an anti inflamatory jab and is on ABs for a week. we have to go back next friday and if it's still the same will be booked in for sedation and they will cut his foot and have a look, though she doesn't think they will find anything  :huh: He has had the silicae for five days as recommended on the bottle and I havent seen anything come out from anywhere. I don't know if I should clip the feathering off the back of his leg or will anything in it come out the front where he is already smooth haired. She said he has to wear a sock [tried that he wouldn't keep it on] so have to get him a leather boot. anybody know where I can get one that will stay on .

Whilst I was in there a couple came in with a young working cocker [she was gorgeous] only a year and ten months old. She had the biggest belly I had ever seen and assumed wrongly she was about to give birth. They said her belly had come up over the last week. I waited till they came out. [not being nosy just cos she is a cocker] Anyway the vet said she didn't know [doesn't know much does she  :005:] but said it was fluid and maybe a heart condition, spleen or liver problems. This dog was full of life and very friendly but you could see she was thin. Her owners think it's because she nicked a block of cheese, she is booked in for monday for xrays and a scan. As I was stroking her, she rolled on her back for a tummy rub and she peed, I've never seen pee that colour it was the deepest yellow and you could see where it stained her fur [she was white with some black spots] I hope she hasn't got FN or kidney problems. I don't know the symptoms. Do workers suffer from FN. Whatever it is it didn't look good. They only insured her last week so she won't be covered. I think they thought she had a problem and insured her but had to take her to the vet before the 14 days was up  :-\ poor little thing I hope it's going to be ok.
One just isn't enough.

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2008, 06:09:50 AM »

What do you do about that then.

my vet removed it straight away, but it could've been left..I think

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.