Author Topic: Ruby's other eye has gone  (Read 6782 times)

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: Ruby's other eye has gone
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2009, 08:17:48 AM »
Am counting to 10 very slowly - just had a stupid conversation with my mum that was something like I should pts Ruby if she loses her remaining eye as its for the best - then did the oh I can hear it in your voice you're getting emotional - was 'spitting feathers' which is difficult when you still have a touch of laryngitis

Mothers can be incredibly tactless can't they? Even though my Mum is a dog lover, she still comes out with stupid remarks sometimes and I just have to bite my tongue to avoid an argument ::)

Really hope Ruby doesn't lose her other eye but if she does, she will cope and will still be the happy girl she is now - dogs have an amazing capacity to adjust to whatever life throws at them and just live in the moment with "what is"  :luv:

Ditto.  Mothers eh? ::) >:(
Julie and Watson

Offline BabyB

« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2009, 08:20:28 AM »
Am counting to 10 very slowly - just had a stupid conversation with my mum that was something like I should pts Ruby if she loses her remaining eye as its for the best - then did the oh I can hear it in your voice you're getting emotional - was 'spitting feathers' which is difficult when you still have a touch of laryngitis

Mothers can be incredibly tactless can't they? Even though my Mum is a dog lover, she still comes out with stupid remarks sometimes and I just have to bite my tongue to avoid an argument ::)

Really hope Ruby doesn't lose her other eye but if she does, she will cope and will still be the happy girl she is now - dogs have an amazing capacity to adjust to whatever life throws at them and just live in the moment with "what is"  :luv:

I totally agree.
Our old cocker, Katie #1, lost her sight but she wasn't bothered.  We made sure furniture wasn't moved and things like that, but it didn't affect her quality of life, she just adapted.  

People go blind, and they don't get pts, so why should a doglet  :huh:

My advice - ignore your mum and do what's right for your Ruby  ;)
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline babushka

« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2009, 08:48:13 AM »
Mothers who'd have them!!!

Offline PennyB

« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2009, 10:58:13 AM »
It was all the bitterness that came with it and how cruel it would be - it really upset me on top of everything else
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2009, 11:01:33 AM »
Penny (((hug)))

nice woman your mum  >:(

how is Ruby doing now?
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline PennyB

« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2009, 11:54:01 AM »
how is Ruby doing now?

She's doing well - gives me a fright every now and then just to keep me on my toes.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline BabyB

« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2009, 01:12:30 PM »
You can borrow my mum  :luv: if you like  :D.
She frets just as much as I do about our dogs, and the last thing that would ever come out of her mouth would be the pts words - she'd rather chop off her own arm.
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2009, 01:16:03 PM »
how is Ruby doing now?

She's doing well - gives me a fright every now and then just to keep me on my toes.

Bit like your mum then  :shades: :005:  Glad Ruby is doing alright at the moment.
Julie and Watson

Offline jemslave

« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2009, 06:36:25 PM »
Really glad Ruby is a bit better.

Either people get what you feel for your animals -or they don't. It's their lack not yours.