Author Topic: Chloe is getting spayed u/d...now the fun begins...NOT!!!!  (Read 10101 times)

Offline Han

• Darling Darcey
Re: Chloe is getting spayed u/d...more pics of her in her babygro ;-)
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2009, 04:00:02 PM »
Aww chloe looks lovely in her babygro  :luv: :luv: glad she's doing okay. The babygro strategy really works doesn't it? Hope the next few days pass quickly for you xx

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
Re: Chloe is getting spayed u/d...more pics of her in her babygro ;-)
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2009, 07:14:57 PM »
Oh dear, she's suddenly sprung back to life with a vengance  >:( :luv:
She's been awake more than she's been asleep today, and spent rather a lot of time whining at the back door. I have taken her into the garden on numerous occasions, but she clearly doesn't need to pee or poo (although she pretends to pee when I give her her command)...she just wants out  >:(
Any ideas for keeping her from going stir crazy? No use getting the clicker out, she goes bonkers the minute she sees it! At least we we're working on the "wait" command whilst I put on and take off her babygro a dozen times a day  :lol2:
Here she is, NOT looking like she had surgery 3 days ago  :shades: :luv:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
Re: Chloe is getting spayed u/d...now the fun begins...NOT!!!!
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2009, 07:31:56 PM »
Oh Sue,wish i could give you some advice,but Ruby has been the same  ::) going bonkers to burn off some energy.
She has been having onlead walks,but she will pelt down the garden at every oppurtunity  >:(

She even did a indoor wall of death cos i waggled a banana skin at her today,it mad her go crazy barking at it,wish i'd had videod that :lol2:

I have been giving her one kong and one carrot a day which she doesn't usually have  ;)
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2009, 07:34:30 PM »
Oh Sue,wish i could give you some advice,but Ruby has been the same  ::) going bonkers to burn off some energy.
She has been having onlead walks,but she will pelt down the garden at every oppurtunity  >:(

She even did a indoor wall of death cos i waggled a banana skin at her today,it mad her go crazy barking at it,wish i'd had videod that :lol2:

I have been giving her one kong and one carrot a day which she doesn't usually have  ;)

Did you give Ruby walks before she had the stitches out? My vet told me I wasn't to take her out at all (apart from to do her business) till she gets her stitches out  :-\

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2009, 07:46:22 PM »
I'm so glad Arwen is a lazy lurcher so her spay shouldnt be as hard to manage!! Poor you and Chloe, you have my utmost sympathy Sue  :-\

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »
Couldn't resist adding this one

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2009, 08:04:36 PM »

Did you give Ruby walks before she had the stitches out? My vet told me I wasn't to take her out at all (apart from to do her business) till she gets her stitches out  :-\

She still has her stitches in until monday,we were told she could have onlead walks 24hrs after surgery,obviously not a marathon but we built it up gradual.
Maybe you should ask COLers what they did and make your mind up from that,i think the main thing is not to let them run and jump  ;)
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2009, 08:07:45 PM »

She still has her stitches in until monday,we were told she could have onlead walks 24hrs after surgery,obviously not a marathon but we built it up gradual.
Maybe you should ask COLers what they did and make your mind up from that,i think the main thing is not to let them run and jump  ;)

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2009, 08:09:41 PM »

Thanks, at the risk of boring everyone stupid, I'll start another thread and see what folk say  :shades: ;)

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2009, 08:25:47 PM »
Sue have you tried putting some of Chloe's kibble/treats into a plastic bottle? it keeps Brodie quiet and occupied for ages :005:. Hope the walks help :D

x In memory of Barney x

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2009, 08:34:48 PM »
Sue have you tried putting some of Chloe's kibble/treats into a plastic bottle? it keeps Brodie quiet and occupied for ages :005:. Hope the walks help :D

tbh, I've done this in the past, but more recently, I tend to hide treats/kibble in various boxes and hide them around the house, which is obviously not what I should be doing now! It's a good idea, perhaps I'll feed all her meals in kongs and bottles etc. and that should keep her occupied for all of 10 minutes  :shades: ;)

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2009, 08:37:48 PM »

tbh, I've done this in the past, but more recently, I tend to hide treats/kibble in various boxes and hide them around the house, which is obviously not what I should be doing now! It's a good idea, perhaps I'll feed all her meals in kongs and bottles etc. and that should keep her occupied for all of 10 minutes  :shades: ;)

She sounds a bit brighter than Brodie then, it takes her about 1/2 an hour to figure out how to get 5 bits of kibble out the bottle :005:

x In memory of Barney x