Author Topic: Chloe is getting spayed u/d...now the fun begins...NOT!!!!  (Read 10095 times)

Offline Macy and Tia

• Site Member
Re: Chloe is getting spayed on Tuesday
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 08:21:40 PM »
Sorry cant help you but hope everything goes ok!!!
Macy and Tia xx

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
  • owned by Harvey and my honery cocker Flea
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 08:30:29 PM »
No advice I'm afraid, but all the best for the op on Tuesday  :luv:

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 08:33:19 PM »
Thanks again  :D Now, one more question....how many of you have noticed any changes in your bitches behaviour and or coat since they got spayed?

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 08:40:51 PM »
Thanks again  :D Now, one more question....how many of you have noticed any changes in your bitches behaviour and or coat since they got spayed?

No difference in behaviour I don't think but Coco's coat became curlier and more woolly - I had heard it can become more wiry but hers is still really soft, just curly  :luv:
Julie and Watson

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 08:44:59 PM »
No difference in behaviour I don't think but Coco's coat became curlier and more woolly - I had heard it can become more wiry but hers is still really soft, just curly  :luv:

Oh, I'm sure I can handle a bit more curly and woolly  :005:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 08:45:46 PM »
Tilly's coat is a disaster but I don't know how much of that is down to her being spayed and how much is down to her being clipped back to the skin because both were done before I got her. Solid liver workers do seem to tend to suffer particularly badly from coat blow out though. You might be lucky and she'll stay silky - particularly as I don't think she has much coat anyway does she? - but it's impossible to tell really, she might stay sleek or she might turn into a bit of a fuzzy bear :005: :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline BettyBoo

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 08:59:58 PM »
I didn't notice any changes in Betty's behaviour but she does have fluffier, lighter coloured fur along her sides and legs. Her leg fur is quite thick and sometimes she looks like she's wearing little furry trousers. Betty was spayed at 5 months though so that may make a difference.
Barbara, Betty & Millie x

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 09:07:19 PM »
Tilly's coat is a disaster . You might be lucky and she'll stay silky - particularly as I don't think she has much coat anyway does she? - but it's impossible to tell really, she might stay sleek or she might turn into a bit of a fuzzy bear :005: :luv:

Awww...Tilly's coat is gorgeous  ph34r :luv: You're right about Chloe, she doesn't have much coat (and the way she's malting just now, I'm worried that she'll have no blurry coat left  >:( :005: She's definitely a sleek and silky girl, but I wouldn't mind her being a bit fluffier  ;)

Offline cerinrich

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 09:35:11 PM »
Hattie's got a tiny bit hairier - more feathers on her tail and legs - but she's still very silky and I guess she's changed a little in character but I think both are more likely to be to do with growing up (she was speyed at about 7 months) than 'being done'.

We were told that she'd be able to walk back from the vets to home when we went to pick her up, but she definitely couldn't. She walked about 100 yards and lay down and that was it. Rich carried her the rest of the way.

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 10:20:44 PM »
pepper and liaths coats didnt alter a bit.   rolo is far woolier and hes entire. I agree with not clipping a liver dog tho cos once you start you have to keep clipping it just gets woolier and fluffier and curlier and very dry and dead looking. chloes coat is black and glossy I dont think hers will alter much ( hopefully)
I never needed collars or t shirts with my lot after ops. I just kept a close eye on them and maybe Im just lucky but they left their stitches well alone.
 pepper was fine straight away and liath was a bit sorry for herself. they are all different. on lead walks for 10 days tho and no jumping up or down! that was hard going!
 good luck!!  :D

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 10:42:38 PM »
My Worker Bonnie Boo showed no change at all in temperament and her coat has stayed really soft and silky. Didn't bother with a collar thing.She was a bit out of it for about a day then was back to normal ,she only licked the stitches a bit
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 10:49:12 PM »
Oh well, it sounds like she might stay a silky soft girl with a manic nature then  :005: I just thought there might be the slightest chance of a bit more coat and a bit less attitude  :005: :005: Just as well I love her  :luv:

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 11:08:37 PM »
Maddi was in what I could only describe as full blown petted lip mode the night of the operation!  Next day she was back to her normal self, coped well with the days of on-lead resticted exercise, i kept Murphy on lead too so as not to upset the princess and only used the lampshade when I wasn't able to keep an eye on her (saw a lady walking her GSD with the lampshade on after speying, the dog looked at me as if to say please tell her I don't need it on in public) her coat has got curly, but she is a show type, and her coat is totally different to Murphy worker, so i don't know how her coat will end up!
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2009, 06:31:59 AM »
Can't say whether being spayed has made Misha's coat go fluffy. Misha was fluffy coated beforehand, so much so that groomers thought that she had already been spayed, plus we had a bad haircut one time which didn't help.  I've tried really hard to get groomers to manage her coat by not clipping, but everytime she was bathed or got wet she looked like she'd been plugged into a socket. >:D
Being a liver hasn't helped - finally gave in when the groomer said she'll always look a bit scruffy, so she got a cocker clip leaving feathers and skirts.

But have to say all the black workers that I've seen all seem to have nice shiny flat coats.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2009, 08:10:44 AM »
It certainly seems as if the liver cockers are more prone to getting curly and fluffy so Chloe might stay shiny and sleek.  Coco is also clipped so that has had an effect too.  It did take at least 6 months for Coco's coat to change though.  ;)
Julie and Watson