Author Topic: Thinking of all my Cocker Friends  (Read 1818 times)

Offline honeysmun

• Site Member
Thinking of all my Cocker Friends
« on: October 08, 2020, 03:55:51 PM »
Hi Friends, How are you all keeping?   It's been some time since I have posted.  Our Meg (Megan a Many Tears babe) is still doing fine,
loves her home and garden but is
still the same about going out, she is to scared even to look out of the window. I can't believe it will be 6 years in April since she came to us to be loved forever.
but sadly the treatment she had at the puppy farm in Southern Ireland has left it mark in more ways then her fear of going outside ...her teeth. they were very bad and had become very painful so
 she had to have them all taken out bar 3 at the end of August , because she is so scared we can't  take her to the vets but
our vets have been  great, as they could not do home visits , they came and sedated her in our garden and took her to the surgery
for her op and rang us as soon as she was able to come home, even though she was still very woozy from her op
she still freaked out in the car, it breaks my heart to know that she will never enjoy going for walks....but
she is very happy running around the house and her enclosed garden where she feels safe. due to the Virus I was unable to carry on Home Checking for M.T.
also being in that age group, I have been making masks to sell and have done several portraits to raise money for them. I wish I could do more to thank them for saving Megs Take care and stay safe everyone
Love from Meg and her slave Val

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Thinking of all my Cocker Friends
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 04:33:35 PM »
Hello Val

Lovely to hear from you and your update on Megan.  Even though she still has the issues and wont go out, she still is in one great place with both you and hubby, and am sure she enjoys the garden and her forever home.  Great too that your vet came to the house to help with getting her to the clinic for her teeth.  I don't even want to begin to think about her early life...poor darling.

Hope sometime you will get back to doing the home checks for MT...something I would love to do maybe one day.

This virus has clipped all our wings - but somehow one little black dog has no idea about the problems in the world....his only concern is his next meal time...playing sleeping and of course his walk.

Take care Val best wishes to OH and  :bigarmhug: to little Megs

Julie and Ollie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 07:33:36 PM »
How lovely to hear from you Val! COL‘s been a great moral booster over the last few months, glad you popped in!
What a lovely vet you have, its heartwarming to know there are still people around willing to go that extra mile, Maisie had such an awful start in life but she‘s been so lucky to have found her forever home with you, she doesn‘t lead  the normal“ doggy life (i.e. what we consider normal) but she sounds happy in her own way, she‘s loved and that, at the end of the day, is what life‘s all about!
Take care, stay safe and stay with us !  ;)
 :luv:

Online Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 09:29:15 PM »
Hi Val

Great to hear from you and the lovely Megan. What a lovely vet to help you out like that, very kind.

The boys and I are still pottering around.

Agree with bizzylizzy, been great to have COL in these difficult times, to read each other's news, have a larf and let off steam when needs be.

Don't be a stranger - come back and see us soon   :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline theshrew

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 01:48:16 AM »
I've not been on here much for years really but its lovely to see the same names pop up after all these years.

Unfortunately a lot of you must have some lazy old pensioner spaniels now like me  :'( i'm dreading that. On the plus side we've also got loads of new spaniels to embrace.

Up the Spaniels  :luv:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 05:33:34 AM »
Sorry, I meant Megan of of course!! (Maisie‘s our other little lady who had a sad start! )  :doh:

Offline honeysmun

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 04:37:42 PM »
Hi everyone,
It is great to hear from you all again, I can't believe how time has flown, we never dream't way back in Jan
we would be locked-down, wearing masks shopping and worst of all not visiting family and friends. :'(
My heart goes out to all those who's loved ones have suffered with this virus, and all the rescues who are struggling
to make ends meet and never stop helping all animals.. everyone of them are Angels.. :angel: :angel:
Meg is being spoil rotten, bought her a new bed (as if she needed one,she has one in every room) a lovely deep warm
fluffy one from Aldi's this morning,( we shop at 7.30. once a week only trip out)  popped it by the side of my bed, had a job to get her out of it..think she thought we were going to have an early night,
 :lol2: She looks so cheeky now with no teeth to hold her tongue in, it amazing how they can soon get back to normal
eating harder food, still break her biscuits up into little bits  ;) I still look at M.T. site it breaks my heart to see all those sad cocker faces but cockers do someting to your heart strings ( as well as the other dogs also ) have to say because we could not go out, the garden has had a big make over this summer, thinking the house may be next in line.  so glad to have my Meg she makes us laugh a her antics, it amazing what  a wet nose,  sloppy kisses, wiggle cocker bum can  take your mind off what is going on in the world.
back soon ...Take care ....
Meg and Val.
Meg sends you all these. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline honeysmun

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2020, 04:43:25 PM »
Must add 7.30 AM...(.Meg really thought early night)   Aldi's open 1/2 hour early so we are back home by around 8.20 am

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2020, 06:19:16 PM »
Hi ya. Can not believe its 6 years since meggie joined your family. So glad she is thriving the best she can. Still remember your posts of her early days with you. One can never contemplate what she suffered to effect her so badly. Big hugs to you and her.
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2020, 05:50:10 PM »
Val ..... you reminded me of the apple cake....as apples a plenty at moment one baked Friday.

Julie

P.S recipe is on the site
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2020, 08:18:09 PM »
Lovely to hear how Megan is doing, Dylan sends love and licks  :luv:

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline revis

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2020, 11:42:20 AM »
So good to hear about Megan.They are so special just like my dear Jessie was .after 7 years she wouldn't leave the house.
She is missed so much she left me at the end of March.Luckily i got Murray mid December  from MT.He is not so frightened.8 years came weighing only 8 kilos different now. He is blind in 1 eye other eye not great.How lucky i was to have him with me in lock down He is my shadow now
Take care Megan enjoy all your beds
Revis and Murray

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2020, 08:12:46 PM »
Hey Val and Megan, lovely to hear from you.  Gosh that has flown by, and really, I think Meg is just fine, she is safe and content in her own environment.  She loves you, you love her, it's all good.   :luv:  Definitely been a weird year and no mistake, lets hope things start to settle down a bit now and normality can creep back in again.