Author Topic: Kent Show - 15th July 2012  (Read 4712 times)

Offline 7733lily

Kent Show - 15th July 2012
« on: June 25, 2012, 12:36:35 PM »
Is anyone else planning on going to this? Its usually quite a good show

http://kentshowground.co.uk/

If so, perhaps we could arrange a COL get-together/picnic?  :D

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
Re: Kent Show - 15th July 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 02:13:43 PM »
yer iam up for it ......

Offline debbiedaywalker

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 12:38:35 PM »
Sounds good, hope weather holds!

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 01:48:17 PM »
looks like a really good show with lots to see
fingers crossed for the weather.....its a couple of weeks away yet so you would like to think it would at least be dry 
hope you can make it debbiedaywalker as that means Cooper may get to meet his little half brother Dylan  :clapping:

Offline debbiedaywalker

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 07:43:15 AM »
fingers crossed for the weather.....its a couple of weeks away yet so you would like to think it would at least be dry 
hope you can make it debbiedaywalker as that means Cooper may get to meet his little half brother Dylan  :clapping:

Yes would be lovely to meet you all - Dylan would especially love to meet his big half brother! You'll easily spot us, we'll be the one's with the impeccably  behaved pair, who walk perfectly to heel  :005:

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 07:48:57 AM »

Yes would be lovely to meet you all - Dylan would especially love to meet his big half brother! You'll easily spot us, we'll be the one's with the impeccably  behaved pair, who walk perfectly to heel  :005:

:005: they are just great aren't they  :luv:

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 02:11:22 PM »
Just bumping this up is anyone going as i have my Ticket for Sunday

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 02:12:32 PM »
yep, me too  :clapping:
would be great to see some other COLers there

Offline Goggins

• Donator
  • Princess "Freya" Trucker (dob:25/03/2011)
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 10:25:44 PM »
 ;) Freya and I are aiming for Sunday....fingers crossed the weather is just right!
Carol owned and loved by Freya (my gorgeous cocker spaniel), Thor (boxer) and Merlin (border collie)

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 02:02:38 PM »
;) Freya and I are aiming for Sunday....fingers crossed the weather is just right!

thats great news  :banana:
looks like the weather is going to be kind to us, I've checked  ;)
we thought we could have a mini meet by the Countryside Arena around 12.30 ish and a spot of lunch (we are taking our own picnic) it would be great to see you there and to meet little Freya

Offline debbiedaywalker

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 08:50:11 AM »
We're really disappointed that we won't be able to make this  :'( hope you all have a lovely day x

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
Re: Kent Show - 15th July 2012 - car parks closed!!
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 04:51:25 PM »
If you are still planning to go tomorrow, PLEASE check first :shades:

due to the weather (it hasnt stopped raining here all day and I live at the top of Detling), the car park is a wash out and has been closed yesterday and today. they have put down about 400 tonnes of bark, but that hasn't helped much and cars are still sinking!

the show is apparently open to the public, but only those walking in or using public transport!

check out their own website for updates
 sorry guys!!

Offline 7733lily

Re: Kent Show - 15th July 2012 - car parks closed!!
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 07:43:29 PM »
If you are still planning to go tomorrow, PLEASE check first :shades:

due to the weather (it hasnt stopped raining here all day and I live at the top of Detling), the car park is a wash out and has been closed yesterday and today. they have put down about 400 tonnes of bark, but that hasn't helped much and cars are still sinking!

the show is apparently open to the public, but only those walking in or using public transport!

check out their own website for updates
 sorry guys!!

thanks for the update...but we went to the Tendering show today which turned out to be more like Glastonbury so old hands at it now  :005:
we are still planning to go as it is not supposed to rain overnight so hopefully should be ok and anyway we have already bought our tickets  >:D
still hope to see you there, if you're brave enough  ;) but understand if you decide to give it a miss

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 07:46:31 PM »
We're really disappointed that we won't be able to make this  :'( hope you all have a lovely day x

ah, thats a shame, we were looking foward to meeting you and your boys, maybe on a another meet-up sometime hopefully
I think you have probably had a lucky escape by the sound of it as awash with mud apparently.....we are still going though, as already have our tickets

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 08:04:17 PM »
There is a restaurant with a car park less than half a mile up the road. that would be north on the A249 from Maidstone. Possibilities of parking there, but one a 'good' day it is usually full failry early
Also, there is White Horse Woods just opposite. it is £1.50 to park, but you would have to cross the A249 - not an easy task at all!! and quite dangerous!.

It finally stopped raining here about an hour ago, but there is still alot of surface and ground water around. Detling is like it's own little micro-climate!

the Kent show website now states the car park is limited tomorrow to members and pre-booked ticket holders only, so you may be ok! open at 8am, but closing at 4pm.

Take Wellies!!! and enjoy if you are going!