Author Topic: Arthritis advice please  (Read 2580 times)

Offline Tillyson3

Arthritis advice please
« on: March 29, 2015, 03:15:58 PM »
Hi been a while since I've been on here, my poor Tilly has had a bad month she's been diagnosed with a heart murmur and arthritis in her left hip, I'm looking for advice for her arthritis she's on a course of Loxicom for another week. And my food supplier has recommended Cani-flex as a supplement to help. What do others use to keep their cockers comfortable. Thanks  ;)

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
Re: Arthritis advice please
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 03:55:59 PM »
If you put arthritis in the search on the Health page and also the Oldies section you will come up with quite a few posts asking for advice and what fellow COLers use to ease the condition.
I have given you two links here but you will probably find more.  Unfortunately it is a common problem in dogs and humans - both Marley and I suffer.

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=110528.0

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=113602.0
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline Tillyson3

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 08:30:44 AM »
Thank you.

Offline deano

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 05:07:20 PM »
Louis has had Hip Dysplacia since he was just over a year old and about 5 years ago we were recommended Glyco III tablets to help his joints and the arthritis that would eventually come.  He started off with one tablet a day and then you give half a tablet a day maintenance dose, he is 10 years old now and is doing really well, he still chases about in the garden, runs along the hall and jumps over anything in his way to get to the treat tin in the kitchen and given half a chance will scoot up the stairs at high speed if he has stolen a sock or something he thinks is a prize possession we might want.  He does tend to slow down at night and prefers to be lifted onto the sofa but he can still jump up there when he wants to.  We am certain that its the Glyco III that have kept him so active and have recommended them on to others with dogs that have joint problems.  Both my two also have a teaspoon of raw organic coconut oil which i believe also help and is great for their coat also