Author Topic: Wilf's platelets are dropping again *Sad Update*  (Read 11694 times)

Offline PennyB

Re: Wilf's platelets are dropping again *Sad Update*
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2016, 09:55:57 PM »
Four weeks on and it still hurts loads - thoughts pop into your head when you least expect them and then I start to cry again - then cheer myself up with the 'Wilf of the day' - he was such a comedian, always wanting to please but always a little norty and so there was always something that made me laugh or smile each day

Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2016, 11:10:14 PM »
Oh Penny, thoughts do play on our minds.....but he has no pain now and when all is said and done all we can do is give our dogs the love and devotion that they give to us, and unconditional love ever moment we are blessed with them.

We are her for you Penny

Julie  :bigarmhug:
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Dogmad

• Site Member
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2016, 02:12:01 PM »
Hi Penny, Haven't been on here for ages and ages, but just seen your sad news. I'm so very sorry. :'(

Offline daw

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2016, 02:30:48 PM »
Four weeks on and it still hurts loads - thoughts pop into your head when you least expect them and then I start to cry again - then cheer myself up with the 'Wilf of the day' - he was such a comedian, always wanting to please but always a little norty and so there was always something that made me laugh or smile each day

Nearly seven months and I'm still in that place, Penny. But they're worth grieving for, worth whatever the price. It's just sometimes you're left feeling bankrupt. I'm glad you can find something to smile over now and again because all they ever want to do is please....so still working for you.

Offline sniffsniff

• Site Member
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2016, 02:53:13 AM »
Nearly 8 months for us & it still hurts like hell............. :'(

:bigarmhug: to you Penny xx
RIP beautiful girl - you've left paw prints on my heart forever. Trixie 17/04/2003 - 14/07/2015

Offline PennyB

« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2016, 03:52:28 PM »
was so much easier with Ruby who died a year ago now, as there was a year of quality of life/grieving going on but while she was there rather than after but not as despairing as I feel now for Wilf - she had a very visible tumour so I took it a day at a time but she had a great time and was still wagging in the vets and had eaten a tin of butchers food already that day (her tumour was about to burst but she wasn't ready in her head but quality of life meant in her case anyway a little sooner than too late) - this meant her passing felt complete - with Wilf I've gone through all that anger and guilt and am numb again - he leaves a massive hole despite the fact I have 3 others, but he was also the comedian of the pack, all confident and norty
Friends of Hailey Park

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2016, 11:37:34 PM »
I lost Marti aged 12 and a 22 yr old cat a year ago, and was sad but ok. , but losing my 8 yr old Bob has ripped me up.  That was last July. I  couldn't  look at a cocker for months. Recently I have cuddled a roan and a golden ,  but black ones like him , just no. I'm leaky eyed even writing about it now. They become part of you , don't they.   
I never thought it could be so bad, so like the others,  I'm with you in the bad place, and I suppose we are all completely daft.  I have a Rescue dog i have  grown to love , as she has learnt to live with and love me. But nothing beats that cocker with his x- Ray eyes into my soul, and I am sure it is the same for you.
PatsyXx
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline daw

« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2016, 09:43:26 AM »
"The x-ray eyes into the soul?"

That's it exactly. No one is ever prepared for the nature of the grief when you lose it. I've had so many losses but still never known anything like this one. I suppose we don't really understand the strength and depth of any particular bond- until it's cut.

Can't look at cockers without pain. Can't look at working cockers without tears. Can't look at red working cockers without wanting to howl.

To everyone in this situation all I can say is it was worth it and I wouldn't change a thing, and I suspect neither would any of you- except for the present. So very sorry for you all. 

Offline PennyB

« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2016, 09:21:36 PM »
I lost Marti aged 12 and a 22 yr old cat a year ago, and was sad but ok. , but losing my 8 yr old Bob has ripped me up.  That was last July. I  couldn't  look at a cocker for months. Recently I have cuddled a roan and a golden ,  but black ones like him , just no. I'm leaky eyed even writing about it now. They become part of you , don't they.   
I never thought it could be so bad, so like the others,  I'm with you in the bad place, and I suppose we are all completely daft.  I have a Rescue dog i have  grown to love , as she has learnt to live with and love me. But nothing beats that cocker with his x- Ray eyes into my soul, and I am sure it is the same for you.
PatsyXx

With Wilf it was the comedian in him I loved and his wiggly bum and cuddles, & his nortiness plus he was practically with me 24/7 for almost 13 years bar the odd week when I was away but I was away very rarely - I also think I never got that chance as I did with Roobs to get used to him dying as it happened so suddenly. Ollie my 9 year old cat died 3 weeks before Wilf did and we knew it was his time as he had a tumour so it was the best thing particularly as my vet and I had tried so hard till then (before we discovered the tumour) to make sure he got the best treatment so it felt right and yes I cried and I still miss that cuddly lump of a cat but I have no regrets
Friends of Hailey Park