Author Topic: Collar and lead or harness?  (Read 1543 times)

Offline sodpot2000

Re: Collar and lead or harness?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 01:56:54 PM »
Harness for me every time. When they suddenly go into 'launch mode' having seen something to chase, the impact on the poor dog's neck and spine must be enormous. It makes sense to get something fairly cheap while the pup is growing as you will be changing it several times. Once your pup is fully grown have a look at the Ruffwear harnesses. Not only are they 'Houdini proof' but they also have a handle on the top to lift them safely over obstacles or out of trouble. A lot easier than hugging a wet and muddy cocker while you lift them over a wall or a gate.

Offline Ambler54

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 05:05:24 PM »
I agree.We have an Ezydog harness that has a sturdy loop to attach the lead but is also big enough to grab when the crazy animal has jumped into and then run down the river and then cant climb out....ok now there is not much water in the river.....or jumps into what looks like a pool and sinks up to armpits in bog and cant get out........

Offline PennyB

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2016, 11:40:28 AM »
I have used both - partly as I often find it hard to find a good fitting harness for any of mine
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Bootz482

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 09:03:56 PM »
Thanks everyone for the replies. I settled on a harness in the end. He's been out for his first walk today and he did great once he got his confidence up. I'm looking forward to many more walks with him(smiles)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk