Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Maisiesmum

Hello!
« on: August 02, 2016, 08:53:29 PM »
Hi, I've been reading and soaking up all the info on here for a few weeks now and thought it's about time I introduced myself.
I've had dogs all my life and naively thought I knew everything.  :005: After getting Maisie, an Orange and White show cocker at 8 weeks I realised I knew absolutely nothing....zilch.....nada! 
It's been a steep learning curve, especially for my husband who seriously thought she would come out of a box ready trained!! (we always had rescues and hadn't had a puppy for 17 years) He sat with his head in his hands for the first two weeks muttering and gently rocking  ;) Even now his favourite phrase is 'is this normal'!
She's now 16 weeks and a ginger ball of teeth. Her hobbies are pruning, digging borders and stick collecting.
But guess what? We absolutely love her to bits and it seems like we've never been without her  :luv:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 09:28:57 PM »
Hi and welcome!
Yes, I know exactly what you mean - it was the same for us - two previous dogs and then Humphrey! We also wondered what had hit us but he's a joy! (As I write, hubby's lying on the floor,trying  to do some back exercises the doctor's just recommended and Humphrey's "helping"!!) :005: :005:
Look forward to some pictures and updates on Maisie!

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 09:34:01 PM »
Hi and welcome aboard.

Most of us have gone through the gently rocking, head banging against the wall stage and guess what.  WE SURVIVED  :005:
I am also slave to a ginger ninja. 
Please post photos of Maisie the terrible  :luv:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 09:36:44 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL

I'm Jayne and have Pearl, age 5 who is a blue roan show type and Coral age 18 months who is a high speed, whirling dervish aka black working cocker spaniel.  I'm also a part time carer for Sally, 2 year old, golden wcs and Purdey, 5 year old black wcs (OH dogs).

I've seen Maisie's photos and she is a stunner  :luv:

Offline Blueberry

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 10:28:03 AM »
Hi and welcome!  You were kind enough to comment a couple of times on my 'night time woe' post, and I wondered where you had disappeared to!  (You'll be pleased to know that things have improved a lot in that area)
Maisie is adorable, a real pretty!  :luv:

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 10:44:01 AM »
Hi there, Maisie looks a sweetheart  :luv:

I'm mum to Monty, who is 23 weeks.  He's our 3rd cocker but is an absolute dream in all areas  :angel:  After having had 2 incredibly difficult and challenging ones, I reckon I was due an easy one  :lol2:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline BonnieScot

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 10:55:31 AM »
Welcome! There's a whole lot of dog in a cocker, I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds them all consuming and totally adorable!

Offline Theo961

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 11:17:51 AM »
Hello and welcome.

I know what you mean, I have had dogs all my life and thought I knew what to expect.....but I have never had a cocker before!  :005:

Offline Maisiesmum

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 02:08:14 PM »
Thank you everyone for such a lovely welcome  :D

Yes she's very sweet but there again I think all cockers are gorgeous. Its the eyes for me every time, isn't there a saying 'don't look at me with those spaniel eyes' or have I just made that up!!?

We are off down to our caravan in Devon on Friday so I'm looking forward to seeing her running on the beach again. The sea was very scary last time so she got christened in a rock pool much to her disdain and the shock to the crab thingy that was in there  :005: :005:

I've just got to work out how to transport her Nutriment safely for a 5 hour journey but that's probably a whole new thread!!

Offline Blueberry

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 02:28:18 PM »
Re the Nutriment, just pack it, still frozen, in one of the polystyrene boxes it's delivered in.  It'll be fine.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 02:44:22 PM »
when we went to France, I parcelled Humphrey's food in a layer of tin foil, shiny side facing inwards and then wrapped that in a couple of layers of newspaper and put it in the coolbox. We arrived 12 hours later and it was still frozen. If you still have the delivery box though, that's even better. INdon't think it matters that much if it thaws a little bit anyway as long as you can refreeze it pretty quickly..Have a good holiday!

Offline Markr64

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 03:39:39 PM »
Hello and welcome, sorry its a day late but lots going on  :D