Author Topic: Diamond Edge sharpening service.  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
Diamond Edge sharpening service.
« on: July 25, 2016, 05:06:24 PM »
If any one needs a recommendation for a sharpening service, DO NOT use Diamond Edge.

I sent two blades first class recorded delivery last Monday, the company received my package (two andis blades) the next day.
So we are a week on and i have had nothing returned, when I rang them today I was told they are in the workshop but havent been processed yet and that I'd get a call back to tell me what has happened, three hours later I am still waiting for that phone call back.

I feel five days is more than enough time to sharpen two blades and if it is the norm to take so long then they should state this on their website.

You have been warned!!
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: Diamond Edge sharpening service.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 07:05:16 PM »
I was a bit disappointed when I used them for sharpening too. >:(

Now I use Tony Chappell at keenkutz.co.uk.

Quick turnaround and they are nice and sharp too  :D
Julie and Watson

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 08:06:26 PM »
I wished i had posted asking for a recommendation now but thats the one i remembered from here a while back, oh well, never again!
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 08:25:48 PM »
I always use Anglia clipper services great service & quick sent 3 blades on a Tuesday & they were back with me on the Friday
Aljeana & the Baddley Pack

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 10:05:14 PM »
I always use Keenkutz too now - brilliant service!
Jane

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 03:22:08 PM »
I got the blades back after ten days  >:(

The seven blade is as blunt as it was before and the ten blade has chopped lumps out of her fur, gets big long tufts stuck in the blades and she looks ragged, someone has suggested maybe the teeth are out of alignment....the ten blade strangely gets hot really quickly and the clippers sound slightly different with it on...
I am e-mailing a complaint to them but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.