Author Topic: first groom today  (Read 1160 times)

Offline lilliegez

first groom today
« on: August 10, 2016, 07:41:09 PM »
well my girl went for her first groom today and I was so proud, she was worried at times but got through it.  I took a bag of cheese which helped lol.  she basically had a wash and tidy up as she is a bit fluffy.  groomer used coat king but only a tiny amount of fur came out and she has said that stripping the coat wouldn't work on her.  she still has some fluffy bits and groomer said maybe consider clipping her next time, something I wanted to avoid.  does it affect the coat massively after clipping and any pics of clipped working cockers with some feathering left.  thanks

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: first groom today
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 08:53:00 PM »
How old is she? I went to one groomer who said the same but now have an appointment with one at the end of August who only does cockers so will be interested to hear what she says but I do know that she's adament about not clipping. Will let you in a couple of weeks!

Offline lilliegez

Re: first groom today
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 09:08:56 PM »
she is 3 now, and typical story of her coat changing after being spayed.  I was hoping her coat could be stripped so am a little disappointed to hear groomer say it cant be.