Author Topic: Blisters (not sure how else to describe)  (Read 498 times)

Offline lesley3165

Blisters (not sure how else to describe)
« on: July 29, 2016, 10:17:58 AM »
Hi, I wonder if anyone else has an experience like this? About 10 days ago we noticed 3 small lumps on Megs back, when I had a closer look they were scaly as if it was a blister that had burst. Over the following few days more of these came up primarily on her stomach. I've been to the vets and she has given her a 14 day course of Antirobe Clindamycin. She has had 2 doses (1 per day) but this morning I have been stroking her and she has several more, some of them about the size of a penny. We have been out with her a lot recently and thought maybe it was an allergic reaction to something but the fact they are still appearing is making me concerned. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thank you

Offline AndyB

• Donator
Re: Blisters (not sure how else to describe)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 03:43:30 PM »
What a worry.  Really sorry I can't give any more advice, no experience of anything similar.  I can only suggest if the blisters are still appearing after a few more days you should consider going back to the vets, maybe a blood test is the way forward.  Sending :bigarmhug:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 06:51:40 PM »
Not sure what they could be, but I hope the vet can find something to help her  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline daw

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 07:58:48 PM »
It is the peak season for tics of every sort- not just the sheep ones that swell and are easily seen and removed but beasties of every type. Does sound like insect related- I guess the antibiotics are a good precaution because there things carry so many infections. >:( Hope they clear up.

Offline julie1

• Julie & Kez
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 09:48:42 AM »
 :005:  years ago one of my retrievers had lots of small scabs on head & neck;    We also had a young " pot-bellied pig"  then I resized the dog was letting the pig "mount" her head, these were scabs of Passion :shades:
regards from Julie & Kez