Author Topic: Refusing to wee in the garden!  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Jazz

Refusing to wee in the garden!
« on: July 25, 2016, 10:11:29 PM »
Not sure if this is something that has been covered before but Jasmine (2 next month) has suddenly developed an aversion to weeing in the garden. She has her 'issues' that's for sure but this has come out of the blue. I can't think what has triggered this - a few steps out of the back gate is a patch of grass where she will gratefully squat when I finally give up and take her out. Her own patch of grass however is definitely a 'no-go' area, so to speak!

Anyone any come across this or got any ideas how to get her to wee again on her own patch?

Offline zenon_bass

Re: Refusing to wee in the garden!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 07:20:14 PM »
Wondering if catching some of her wee when she wees indoors and tipping it over her special outdoor patch would help? It would then smell comfortingly of her again...
You'll need eagle eyes and pots within easy reach! 😉

Offline James+Carly

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 10:24:44 PM »
Has anything changed in your garden? We had a patio put in couple months ago and it took Oscar a while to go for a number 2 a little while after, whilst he got use to the change of the garden!

Offline Jazz

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 11:10:53 PM »
Thanks for your replies.

My sister googled it and one of the suggestions was to catch some wee and sprinkle over it over Jasmine's usual place - I thought that was a good idea and an even better idea was for my sister to put said plan into action  :005:.

Another idea on Google was to get another dog to wee in the garden in the hope that Jasmine would then wee over it. My (other) sister has a Patterdale terrier (Monty) - just the chap! Well Monty came over this evening and kept up his end of the deal, but no joy yet with Jasmine.  Maybe this is more of an alpha male type solution.

Nothing has changed in the garden - apart from pulling up a few weeds. OK, quite a lot of weeds. Interestingly (well depending on your interpretation of interesting) she has pooped in the garden since this no weeing malarkey started. I have rearranged some of the garden furniture so maybe that's it.

Off I go into the garden again to try persuade her to wee again - wish me luck!

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 06:40:00 AM »
Maybe she just wants a little privacy!  :005: :005: (sorry!)
best of luck!

Offline Jazz

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 08:23:45 AM »
Still no change yesterday. Jasmine still pootling round the garden but avoiding the grass where she normally wees. Last night I scattered some treats in the grass and she happily snuffled them out, but still no wees. I gave up and took her out of the garden to wee.

Then this morning, let her out and SUCCESS!!! she finally weed in the garden  :D :D :D

She is now lying next to me clearly thinking 'now how to amuse them today?'  :005:

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 09:05:25 AM »
Brilliant - she just wants to make sure she keeps your full attention on her.  Obviously doing some weeding stopped you from giving her 100% of your attention and she was teaching you a lesson  :005:
Glad she has finally "done the deed" in the right place.
 :005:
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(