Author Topic: Protein in urine  (Read 871 times)

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Protein in urine
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2024, 06:56:58 AM »
Brave Herr Humph, so glad all is well. What a soldier!
We have sorted out all Dylan's treats, was actually horrified when I looked at the protein content of pigs ears, cows ears and chicken feet. Thought they were healthy and natural, but some are 45% protein 😱. They are all going off to the dog rescue, along with his bag of adult kibble. Good Jon he. Likes raw carrot and sweet potato!
Is Humph an aqua phone, like Dylan? He won't even walk through a puddle   :005:

We stopped the cows ears etc last year, Humphrey’d started putting on weight and I checked the fat content,  :o he nows gets a little rabbits ear every now and again as a special treat but he always trots into the kitchen for his bit of carrot or raw vegetable as soon as I start cooking  :lol:,   - also helps his keep his teeth clean too.  ;)

:luv: :luv:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2024, 09:50:29 AM »
Well done brave Humph, Minstrel is much the same when going to the vet, now that I keep to the same one whenever possible, - certainly makes a difference (even if the receptionists are not happy with my insistence).

Minstrel likes the Fish4Dogs Sweet potato wraps and other treats but they too can be pretty high on protein levels highest ones  are any of the 'Dental' treats which contain 79% crude protein  :o
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2024, 09:54:03 AM »
Pets at Home Whimzees dental sticks are virtually no protein, and few ingredients.
I've got a Lily's kitchen recipe book for dogs which is useful
Jayne, that should read 'aquaphobe', blooming auto correct!
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo