Author Topic: Why does it have to be such hard work...no not the dog  (Read 4547 times)

Offline rubyduby

Why does it have to be such hard work...no not the dog
« on: November 02, 2019, 11:42:13 AM »
I guess many people like me, are sick to death of walking in rain and mud, and having to spend 1/2 hr at the end of every walk rinsing down dirty dogs, I guess in my case it isn't helped by my OH who constantly moans about me bringing them back dirty, moans about dirty, damp towels, etc. we have towels hung about for days trying to dry them, and round 5-6 dog coats I bought 2nd hand hung in the greenhouse , dirty  and trying to dry. Most of it I could cope with if it wasn't for the constant carping from you know who, I buy 2nd hand coats that doent fit very well because he complains about spending money on dogs, I cant put anything in the washer/dryer as he doesn't want dirty dog stuff and dog hair in the washer.....sometimes I am at my wits end...how does everyone else cope or have I just been stupid for tolerating it

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Why does it have to be such hard work...no not the dog
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 01:03:54 PM »
Right  - here goes.....OH should be told if he or she can't hack it hard luck and as for the washing machine and dryer tell him/her that you are looking for a second hand washing machine just for the his stuff. My other comments I shall not print!!!!
My OH arrived home yesterday with nearly 4 days washing and is off again Tuesday....am I worried that it has rained on my washing after the sun coming out at 11.30 and then raining again no.....it's his problem and his moan. 
Sadly it is the time of the year when the washing foes hit us, maybe a few used towels from a charity shop to add to your supply as for dog coats - I could scream  as I took two of Ollie tighter coats to the rescue shop in the summer and they could have winged there way to you.
As for coping....I bung everything in the garage till a better day....but honestly my OH isn't that bad....heating cost yep a few moans, but Ols things are washed separately and no moans and I use that antibacterial wash liquid.  Is there a launderette around maybe....

Will keep my eyes peeled for coats - but the charity seem to use them on there rescues.

Take care and just remember we are here for your rants.... sure it helps

Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline rubyduby

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 08:39:30 AM »
Thankyou for that...I have to say it really gets to me , his outlook is that I should walk them  on the lead on the pavement so they don't get dirty....I men Spaniels one is only 10 months and lively as a cricket, she loves rushing thro water and mud...but she is a dog . I do have a lot of towels which I get from charity shops , but its getting them dry ….we have a dryer, but yeh  ...that's electric !!!!!!! I wouldn't mind ..we aren't short of money , but for some reason OH hates spending on...well hates spending..... This isn't a new thing we have had Cockers for 40 yrs, but for some reason it is really getting me down now, bad enough haven't to walk thro the rain and mud, without getting grief for it......sorry moan over!!

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 10:18:43 AM »
You could maybe use those net laundry bags to put the dog stuff in for washing? The things you use for wired bras and delicate items. That would contain any hair.

And over the years have you not washed OH's gardening things, football kit, smelly socks etc etc. Ask him if he would rather not have the love and joy of the dogs for the sake of a bit of fluff. And that there are no pockets in a shroud.

Lesley (and Dylan, who wouldn't be seen dead putting his paws in mud 😄)
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline rubyduby

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 12:37:48 PM »
Oh doesn't do gardening or football , or outdoor stuff, sooo, but anyway I will sort something I am sure......s for the dogs don't think he would bat an eyelid if they weren't here!!!

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 12:39:05 PM »
I walk Archie wearing his equafleece when it’s wet and muddy. Most of him stays dry and clean so it’s just a quick rinse and dry of his paws (done outside, dried with a very small microfibre towel bought for the purpose - takes less than 5 mins). No washing him or towels I just rinse and spin the equafleece quickly. It comes out almost totally dry and is ready to be worn again for the next walk of the day.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 03:19:38 PM »
get a horsewear wash bag.
 plenty on internet and not expensive.  just chuck every thing in and wash in machine with the fastest spin . then tumble dry if necessary. I had a incontinent dog, bless her and this bag was a godsend.

Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2019, 06:43:44 PM »
When I wash dog stuff, towels, blankets etc., I use one half of two soluble asda non bio tablet and then the other one I put in wm on it's own and do a cotton 30 wash and that seems to rid the machine of any nasties (hairs mud etc left behind).

Mine don't have coats, but if the dogs are really mucky I give them a wash down in the shower room, dry excess water with a towel then put them in their crates for an hour - this time of year near the radiators.

I don't have an OH to moan at me about the expense or mess  ;) which for their sake is probably just as well :banana:

Muck and wet weather come with the territory
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2019, 07:33:20 PM »
Can I suggest you swop OH for another cocker  problem solved :005: :005: I have to say it might be my age but I definitely find spaniels less stressful than husbands at the moment   ph34r 

Thats of no help at all sorry  :lol2:

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2019, 09:41:38 PM »
Can I suggest you swop OH for another cocker  problem solved :005: :005: I have to say it might be my age but I definitely find spaniels less stressful than husbands at the moment   ph34r 

I second that  :banana: :banana:
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline fionad

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2019, 08:52:23 AM »
Use the washer and dryer when he's out?

Archie Bean's advice seems a great idea to me too.

Offline Elisha9

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 01:42:11 PM »
My boyfriend is the same.
God forbid the dogs come in from outside covered in mud where they’d been playing! It’s like? I can was the floor it’s fine! They love being out, over the fields, woods etc and are always dirty at the moment because of this weather!
We went up the woods with them few weeks ago, (Border Collie and Cocker Spaniel) with our daughter (4) and he’ll be like keep them away from me. Meanwhile I’m muddy from Paisley (Collie) jumping and playing with me and her tennis ball, and my daughter has mud from Poppy (Cocker) jumping up and playing with her running around, Neither of us care because we can go home and wash it all off! Thank god my daughter is more like me!
He moans every day about them and wouldn’t care either if they weren’t here. In fact if I call him now and told him I found them a new home he’d be happy! But at the end of the day they’re my dogs. And if he doesn’t like that they’re here, he can go. Because they’re going nowhere! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2019, 02:19:18 PM »
I have a bag similar to this one for all the dog things.  Towels, blankets, fleeces etc.  It works very well 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QVKR793/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_tai_GpyWDb9BT5S4E
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline rubyduby

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2019, 02:21:01 PM »
Sadly he never goes out...he has n interests to get him out, , its not the washing generally its just drying, especially used towels, we have no radiators, the ony heating is the lounge fan htr/fire and one or two low storage htrs, ..which is half the problem, don't want to wash and dry towels every single day so need to find a way to dry towels . He wont pay the cost of fleeces etc...cheaper to moan

Offline Elisha9

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2019, 02:41:14 PM »

I agree with you totally. My boyfriend will go before my dogs do I can tell you that much! [emoji23]
He can moan all he likes but they come first, well after my daughter haha x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk