Author Topic: Low Protein Good Quality  (Read 3465 times)

Offline Ernies mum

Re: Low Protein Good Quality
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2015, 07:35:12 AM »
Like rubybella I feed Millie's wolf heart working dog food . It's grain free and not full of rubbish and fillers . It was the only food that I found that kept weight on ernie , he's also a Wcs and is a very busy boy on the walk , he gets three walks a day off lead at different locations . The thing the tires him out most is a game of fetch and find it which I do on one of the walks each day and he absolutely loves it !
Although ernie is " busy " when he's out , he settles and sleeps in the house . But I know a lot of Wcs have different energy levels and my friend owns ernies " great aunt " and she's is like tiger on speed most of the time despite lots of exercise and games etc  :005:
Going back to the food , it maybe worth giving mark at millieswolfheart a ring , he's got a wealth of knowledge and is great at helping you find the right food ( they have different varieties of food with different protein levels etc ). Ernie has a 50/50 % endurance mix .
I hope that helps .

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
Re: Low Protein Good Quality
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2015, 09:34:50 AM »

The food I feed Riley on comes in working dog and just regular dog food.
I feed the working dog one,, why?  its a bit cheaper because it has not VAT, its exactly the same though in recipe , I dont know if any other "working" dog foods are this way or whether its just his .

That's the norm. "Working dog food" is a bit of a misnomer. It's not a special food designed for working dogs it's food that doesn't have VAT added because it is supposedly fed to dogs who work (although since anyone can buy it it's a tax dodge loophole!  :shades:) I think some manufacturers may tweak the recipe a bit though.