Author Topic: Millies wolfheart v Canagen  (Read 4673 times)

Offline valcam

Millies wolfheart v Canagen
« on: August 17, 2015, 02:45:18 PM »
Poppy is currently fed Lily's kitchen but she has completely lost interest in it. Am torn between millies wolfheart and Canagen. We are collecting a new Puppy in four weeks so I would like one they can both eat and as far as I can understand from their websites both are suitable. Just wondered if any one is currently feeding their doggies with either of these and how they are doing. Thank you xx

Offline pam1

• Donator
Re: Millies wolfheart v Canagen
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 04:55:42 PM »
I moved both of mine on to Millies Wolfheart about 3 months ago and they are doing very well on it.   they both seem to be doing much smaller poos 💩💩 which are a lot firmer.  I've also noticed Ollie is a lot less itchy than he used to be to.
Pam, Oliver and Bertie

Offline Andrea Ellie

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 12:05:36 PM »
I feed Millie's Wolfheart too and have done for over a year.Ellie does well on it, small poos too. What about buying a small trial size bag of one of them to see if your dog likes and gets on with it? I know Millie's do trial size bags but I've never tried Canagan so couldn't say if they do.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 01:13:41 PM »
If the quality of both foods is similar, then it just boils down to your dog's preference and what suits her best - all dogs are different so it is usually a case of trial and error  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Damommin

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 01:48:50 PM »
Leo is on Canagan. I bought a bag when he first came and used it for training treats. I then moved him onto it for his main meals when he was about a year old as he is a finickity eater and could not eat enough wet food (nature diet) to put weight on , so he was looking lean. He has pit on weight and its easy to  maintain him on Canagan. His poos are still small and firm.
Canagan don't do samples but if you email them through their website they will send you a £5 voucher towards a bag.
I chose Canagan as it is one of the better foods around and is easily available  locally.
Having never used Millies I can't give a comparison I'm afraid.

Offline valcam

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 02:05:39 PM »
Thank you everyone, I have ordered 4 sample bags of Millies to try first. Our nearest Canagen stockist is not very local so i would have to order online, will see how Poppy likes the Millies first xx

Offline valcam

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 04:51:31 PM »
Quick update: very impressed with how quickly the Millies arrived. Tried a few of the Salmon and Veg as treats and Poppy was barking at me for more. The only time she does that is if someone has sausages. Fingers crossed I have found a food she likes and I am happy with.

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 07:24:45 PM »
Archie has been on the Millies Wolfheart Gundog mix since January and is thriving on it.  He adores it and his poo is much smaller and firm most of the time.  I've tried a few food over the past 2 years and Millies is the best fit for him.
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Neil

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 08:25:54 PM »
Hadn't heard of it before. Thus far Bobby has been fed Hills Science Diet, he looks pretty good on it to be honest, his coat has a wonderful shine, but I've never been entirely happy with it. Tried a few alternatives, but have yet to find anything that suits him better. Have ordered a pack of MW Countryside mix, will report back....

Offline Ernies mum

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 07:47:25 AM »
Another Millie's fan here , ernie was originally on gun dog mix but as he's so active I moved him to endurance . It's the only food I've found that keeps weight on him and doesn't upset his tummy . I use their training treats and lamb skin chews too.I've also moved my elderly terrier onto the gun dog mix and she is thriving on it .
The other great thing about Millie's is their speedy delivery and fantastic customer service .

Offline sodpot2000

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 01:13:34 PM »
Feeding Buster Canagans tinned food mixed with his kibbles and this is really suiting him. A local shop stocks it which is a big help.

Offline Mum2Riley

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 11:13:10 PM »
I tried Riley on Millies after seeing so many positive comments on here, but it really didn't suit him (he was on the gundog mix) and he's ended up losing 3kg that he didn't have to lose and getting a very bad dose of colitis, so we went back to Barking Heads and he's very very slowly filling back out.  Their customer service was great but I wasn't impressed by the quality of it.  Annoyingly you only find out what suits your dog by trying it, and it doesn't always work out! 

Offline Neil

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 10:31:24 PM »
Bobby has been on Millie's countryside mix for the last 3 weeks or so, I have to say I'm impressed. His poos are better than they've ever been, his condition is as good as before, and it's a little more economical than the science plan as the feeding quantity, in weight terms, is less.