Author Topic: Salut!  (Read 622 times)

Offline Poi

• No Place To Be
Salut!
« on: September 02, 2015, 09:54:52 AM »
Hello everyone,

Been stalking this place for a while so thought it was time we signed up and said hello (plus next time we have a question we'll know where to ask).

My wife Kirsty and I are the proud owners of Lola who has just turned 5 months old. We got her at 8 weeks old after meeting her quite a few times before, she slept the whole journey home and has loved the car ever since, she's often desperate to get in there. That turned out to be quite important as just a few weeks after getting her my wife was offered a job in Bucharest and we relocated. Lola loved it, we only did short drives and stayed at remote places in the countryside - so many new sniffs everyday. Now she has a lovely new home with a fun garden and big park at the end of our street.

It's good to read about other peoples experiences with the biting and nipping as that has certainly been the hardest part of having Lola. I see everyone with puppies saying how hard it is and when it's happening it does feel like it's never going to end. Lola seems to have snapped out of it the last couple of weeks and now only mouths while looking at us like "is this ok?". Other than that she has been a dream, slept 8 hours straight the first night we took her home (downstairs by herself) and thankfully she continues to do so. She never needed any toilet training either, just went outside from the start as well (don't ask, I have no idea).

I've just read a post about the naughty teenage period so I'm looking forward to all our training going out the window  :-\ It's a shame as she's just got really good at go find it.

(I've just realised how long this is but I have an excuse: as we're somewhere new we're trying not to be the people who bang on about their dog all the time. Not easy when you've got a cute little puppy so that's why it's all come out here).

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Salut!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 12:05:48 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL :D

Don't worry about banging on about Lola, it's nice to hear about her and her cosmopolitan lifestyle! Lovely photos too :luv:

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 12:10:44 PM »
OO Hello :D
Your little Lola is sooo pretty :luv:
Love her puppy tum in the middle photo..
hmm puts me in mind of raspberry blowing
opportunities ;)

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 12:24:01 PM »
Hello welcome, Lola is gorgeous and don't worry she will grow out of the bitey stage and now you always have COL to reassure you  :D
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 03:19:07 PM »
Hello from myself and Gemma WCS. Your Lola is a stunner  :luv:
Look forward to hearing her stories

message to 8 hairy feet-
Glad I am not alone fighting urges  to raspberry blowing on little fat tums ph34r
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----