Author Topic: Last trim of the year before winter for Dolly and Silkie - missing scissors.  (Read 750 times)

Offline mcinnd

• Donator
Well it was last trim of the year for Dolly and Silkie at the weekend.
Dug out the power trimmer and scissors for tiding up their feet and other straggly bits.

Started out on Dolly, got her trimmed and then put my hand behind me to pick up the scissors to find them missing only to see chewed handle lying on the pavement at my feet.
Where's Silkie??
She was running around the garden with the metal blades of the scissors open in her mouth, my heart skipped a beat and a loud "Silkie drop that" called out.
Luckily she did before any damage to her occurred.

Kim came running out to find out what was wrong only to say it was my fault in that I should know that anything left lying about gets nicked and chewed.

Who'd have cockers, I ask you????

Had to get my good beard trimming scissors down from the bathroom to tidy up their feet and now useless for the other purpose but at least the two of them are nice, shorn and looking smart

David
Dolly & Silkie

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
 :005: :005:  Sorry but Chaz does exactly the same unless watched like a hawk  :lol:

He usually waits until Milly's getting groomed and then takes off with whatever comb or brush he can grab and hides it  :005:

Must be a working cocker thing as Milly, our show strain, just sits patiently waiting for the grooming to continue with a sort of "Is that youngster getting up to his tricks again?" expression on her face.

SWMBO has decreed that next weekend will be set aside for cocker bathing and tittification so I guess I'm going to be busy then  ;)

Bob.