Author Topic: Poor little Monty :-(  (Read 1381 times)

Offline PollySpaull

Poor little Monty :-(
« on: September 02, 2015, 11:38:06 AM »
Poor Monty and I are off to the vets tomorrow. Unfortunately there were no appointments today.

He has had intermittent lameness in one of his back legs since Sunday. He's resting up, but it seems to be getting worse. We're trying as best we can to stop him from jumping on sofas and beds etc and no jumping up.

I've checked every inch of him to feel for heat or any lumps and bumps but can't find anything. He doesn't seem to be in any pain at all, still eating and drinking as usual.

He is fine in himself, happy to run around on it but then will go back go limping and holding it off the ground. I'm hoping it's nothing serious. He seems stiff after he's been laying down for a while, but again it doesn't seem to be giving him any pain.

Anyone experienced anything similar? I'm worried about my little boy [emoji17]

Xx

Love from Polly and Monty!

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Poor little Monty :-(
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 01:00:48 PM »
Fingers crossed it's nothing more than a pulled muscle, happens to all of us sometimes!

You're doing the right thing by keeping him as quiet as possible until you can see the vet, not easy with a lively puppy :lol2:. As he's not weight bearing on it all the time have you had a good look at his paw, examining the pads and in between them, in case he has anything stuck in there that hurts sometimes when he puts the paw to the ground?

Offline PollySpaull

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 01:24:54 PM »
Thanks Elaine.e yes have had a good feel of his paws and can't feel anything at all. Have felt all over and he doesn't give any indication of pain when touched all over. Am hoping it's just a pulled muscle, fingers crossed!

Can't quite tell if it's the same leg all the time that he's limping on! I think it's the back right. Although I think I've been watching him like a hawk and am probably concentrating too much on it if that makes sense!

Hopefully the vet can give a bit more insight! Hopefully she can put my mind at rest a little! X

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 03:25:24 PM »
Sorry to hear.  Just get your vet to check for some other underlying cause.  I think Baggins Sutton had lameness occasionally and was diagnosed with hemophilia - might be worth looking up some of their posts on COL.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 03:36:10 PM »
Sending Monty  :bigarmhug:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline PollySpaull

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 04:15:31 PM »
Thanks for the advice patp, will have a read up. Really hoping it's not serious!

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 07:30:47 PM »
Here is the thread - sorry, hameophilia is another problem Baggins has, the joint problems were thought to be pano as thread below.

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=109574.msg1600351#msg1600351

Offline PollySpaull

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 08:29:44 PM »
Much appreciated thank you xx

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 11:39:50 PM »
Sending positive thoughts to Monty and it is nothing serious.

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 09:36:41 AM »
sending over positive thoughts for Monty, fingers and paws crossed, that it is just a pulled muscle :bigarmhug:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline PollySpaull

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 02:36:33 PM »
Thank you for all the positive vibes all! They did the trick as it was just a pulled muscle! On the day we went to the vets he was trotting around right as rain... Little monster! We had him rest up a few more days and he seems sound. Took him out yesterday to the Alresford country show for a short outing and entered the dog show! We came second in dog that looks most like their owner, and 2nd in most handsome dog... In a class of 33 I may add!
Just off for a gentle stroll in a minute and then maybe a drink at the pub! Enjoy your Sunday's everyone and thank you again xx

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2015, 02:44:48 PM »
Good news  :banana: :banana:

My daughters springer hurt himself (they thought) jumping over a 5 bar gate - spent the night on the sofa with my SIL who had the next morning off work, carrying him to the car to take to the vets.  When he got there he opened the car door and out he trotted as happy as Larry!! :005: :005:

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 07:24:42 PM »
Glad it was nothing serious.
well done on the show success  :clapping: however I can't believe he only came second in the handsome dog category, i don't think the judge was looking closely enough he is gorgous  :005:

Offline dollydavis

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2015, 07:39:11 PM »
On bless him, so glad he's okay! And well done for doing so well at the show! Much love xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk