Author Topic: Ruby off her food  (Read 430 times)

Offline rubytuesday007

Ruby off her food
« on: October 02, 2011, 07:39:45 AM »
Hi, Ruby is 15 weeks old.. she's always been a great eater but this last week she's yet to finish a meal??? she's fine in herself in every other way?? could it just be the heat? it's been very hot and humid where we are this last week or so??

Offline seaangler

Re: Ruby off her food
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 08:01:37 AM »
At 15 weeks ruby should still be on three meals aday..How is she on her other meals...(!) is she off her 1st 2nd or 3rd meal....Is she all right in her usual self still running around full of beans ect...

As you say she may be hot just keep an eye on through out the day and see how she is later...Are Peggy is a finicky eater and will leave her first meal in the morning so i would not worry to much...but monitor through out the day and make shore she drinks plenty of water....

And let us know how she is later on....

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 08:05:47 AM »
Ruby's probably teething at the moment and that can affect appetite too.

Offline seaangler

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 08:17:06 AM »
Ooops...(as Elaine says)Forgot also haveing almost a fifteen week old pup(Gemma) are selves..But she's not teething as of yet...She eats for England she does :D all you can hear is her eating her food and her bowl :005:

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline rubytuesday007

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 11:16:29 AM »
Thanks both.. She's still on 3 meals a day and is leaving bits of all meals.. drinking plenty in fact completely herself in all aspects other than this. I'm sure this puppy wants to age me by several years in worry lol....
maybe its her teeth she's yet to lose any.. rubys springer friend whose a week older is almost completely gummy bear...
will wait and see