Author Topic: Sweep at the Vets  (Read 4329 times)

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
Re: Sweep at the Vets
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 02:11:50 PM »
Marley has improved dramatically since being on thyroid tablets.  Prior to them, she was really lethargic on her walks, lagging behind and she had put on weight.  Like Sweep she also has rust/brown in her coat.
She is now really enjoying her walks, very happy and energetic and thus she has lost the extra weight.
The thyroid tablets have not altered the changes in her coat however, she's still changing into a red dog  :005: :005:
Hope Sweep also thrives on her medication.  :luv:
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 06:18:31 PM »
Certainly worth a try, who knows, it may just be a wee imbalance in the thyroid. As for becoming a redhead, it is very trendy now, so Marley is just keeping up with fashion!

Offline PennyB

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 08:47:35 AM »
The vet said that the next stage would be to take a biopsy of the liver which is a fairly invasive procedure.  We have decided against this at this stage.

My vet did an ultrasound guided biopsy of Lady's kidney, which I know you can do same re liver too, which may be an option - you need a good ultrasound operator to do it as it can be done with a dog under sedation too - only problem there is the samples can be quite small (they use a thick needle though)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline PennyB

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 08:53:55 AM »
Problem is like humans dogs get more complex medical needs as they get older which is often why its hard to pinpoint what is actually wrong and sometimes just end up treating the symptoms rather than the whole issue.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!