Author Topic: Don't walk your dog  (Read 3480 times)

Offline Barry H

Re: Don't walk your dog
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2018, 09:18:27 AM »
I recall him with the whistle and send him off again immediately he sees this as a game and nine times out of ten he will come back to me. The whistle has been a huge help to me as he is much more responsive with the whistle than my voice.
Can only agree.  I think the whistle sounds more 'urgent', though Jack still regards it as an annoying interruption - much like the phone ringing when you're into a really good book!  I can sympathise with him.  That's probably why I've been a bit too soft.  I try not to let him get too far away and only tend to use a whistle as a last resort.  I'd say success rate with the whistle is about 7/10 (on average - good days and not so good days), which is a big improvement on the previous 0/10.  Still working on it...

Offline Gazrob

Re: Don't walk your dog
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 08:21:17 AM »
I think it depends on the dog. Sure he doesn't always listen but it's far better than me shouting him over. ive tried him with finding dummies he's interested for two minutes then he gets bored. As long as I can keep him pretty close and grit him to come back I'm more than happy with that.