Author Topic: Accidents!  (Read 978 times)

Offline waisis

• Site Member
  • Mr. Big Paws
Accidents!
« on: April 22, 2006, 11:15:57 PM »
So I gave Bailey a big meaty lamb neck bone a day ago which he devoured and his toilet training has hence gone out of the window!  Somehow he managed to poo by our bed AND in the hallway between 3am and 5:30am yesterday night without my husband or myself waking up.  My nose woke me up at 5:30am with a whiff of eau de doggy poo :P  Questions:  Does anyone else's adult dog relapse or have difficulties with their toilet training when their routines or their diets change?  It would make me feel sooooo much better if there were HAHA   
Bailey and Mom

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Re: Accidents!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 07:26:58 AM »
Yes - it is very common which is why you should only change their diet gradually over a period of about a week or more ;)  ;) It's not his training that's gone out of the window but his dietary pattern and he prob doesn't know what's hit him :'(

A tiny taste of fresh lamb for a few days before giving him a neck would have prevented this - or at least given you chance to see it was likely to cause an upset without it being quite so dramatic an event - lovely aren't they :005:

Jasper got hold of and ate a full bird fat feeder jobby the other day - he didn't poop it but vomited it - it was disgusting - but just the pattern you've described. Hubby was well pleased when he found it :005: :005: :005:
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline waisis

• Site Member
  • Mr. Big Paws
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 07:52:17 PM »
His tummy wasn't upset as the poo was regular firmness...just all at the wrong times  ph34r  Have to say at least pieces of poo is much easier to clean up than vomit or pee!  Bailey has never been a dog who tries to get your attention for the bathroom...he just stares at me which can mean practically anything!  I guess he must have been staring at us when we were sleeping  ;) :D
Bailey and Mom

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 08:14:10 AM »
Bailey has never been a dog who tries to get your attention for the bathroom...he just stares at me which can mean practically anything!  I guess he must have been staring at us when we were sleeping  ;) :D

Poor Bailey!! Our Max is the same - it's like 'guess what I want/need/am trying to tell you' - very frustrating at times bless him!! He will go & sit by the back door though during the day & just wait for someone to notice him - wish he'd bark or something though - in the evenings when we're sitting in the lounge, I'm up & down like a ruddy yo-yo every time he wanders off into the direction of the kitchen just in case he needs to go out - roll on the warm weather when the door can stay open till we go to bed!! I've developed some sort of weird 6th sense though in the nights - I occasionally wake up & think 'why am I awake?' then look up to see him sitting by the side of the bed staring at me - bless him!!  :005: :luv:

from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline waisis

• Site Member
  • Mr. Big Paws
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 01:44:05 AM »
That's pretty good sixth sense!  :lol:  Bailey would definitely win any staring contest with me!
Bailey and Mom

Offline Tracey Jane

• Site Member
  • We're just silly about Milly
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 11:25:49 AM »
 :005: Milly just sits and waits too - she doesn't make a sound, not a peep just expects you to know  :005:

The other day I wondered where she'd disappeared to only to find her in the living room with the door closed, sitting in the middle of the rug staring at the door - obviously willing me to come and open it for her :lol: - she must have been in there for about 10 minutes - I wonder how long she would have sat there !!  :005:

I must admit since having her my senses are much more fine tuned    :lol: :luv: