Author Topic: "Come and get me smell" !!  (Read 1444 times)

Offline biscuit

• Site Member
"Come and get me smell" !!
« on: July 08, 2007, 07:48:05 PM »
Not really sure where this should be posted, but here goes. 

Last week hubby took Molly for a walk, minding own business walking down street, pit bull comes rushing out of a house goes for Mollys rear end, then tries to bite her kneck.  Yesterday, hubby takes her out again, what happens, an alsatian comes running along path attacks Molly by biting rear end then tried to get her face.  Both occasions Molly growled back and hubby kicked out at other dog (not necessarily what he should have done, but he was shocked).  Both owners were very apologetic, as both dogs were loose by accident.   My question is, Molly was spayed 3 years ago, can a bitch give out any sort of "come and get me smells" once spayed?   Molly was by the way, fine after each incident, no puncture wounds, just a little timid. It just seems a little strange as this has not happened before do you think it was just coincidence.

L
mollypooch

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Re: "Come and get me smell" !!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 07:55:17 PM »
Poor Molly; I'm glad she is OK  ;)

I'm not sure if bitches can give out those kind of smells or not; Molo (entire male) sometimes has weeks when he seems to be the victim, and is jumped by a dog every day  ::) but I have always put it down to coincidence.

Have you reported the pit bull to the dog warden? They are a banned breed, but are still bred for fighting and use as a weapon, so are of interest to the police as well  :-\
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline biscuit

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 08:17:34 PM »
Didn't report incident to warden as both owners apologetic and said dogs had got out by accident, plus Molls wasn't injured - thank god.  Hubby has now said one of the dogs was "like" a pit bull, short and sqat so not really sure.  I know where it lives though so I may walk past when Molls isn't with me.

She hasnt been attacked by any other dogs before though, so maybe we've been lucky in the past !
mollypooch

Offline PennyB

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 08:58:01 PM »
What about her anal glands --- do they need clearing
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 01:27:30 PM »
Anal glands or urinary infection can sometimes alter their smell...
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk