Author Topic: bum pushing!!!  (Read 1095 times)

Offline wales07

• Site Member
  • Honey - rest in peace my precious
bum pushing!!!
« on: November 24, 2007, 09:01:26 PM »
sorry but thats the only way that i can describe it..
Tess my black and white cocker who will be a year old on 6th december has been doing this for the past 2 weeks and it doesnt look like shes about to stop any time soon.
Basically she backs up to our legs or feet and pushes her bum into us! when we are sat watching tv she is stood for hours like this! she used to just lie down but now...?
Infact i am at this moment lying on the bed using the laptop with my one foot dangling down over the edge and she is stood with my foot between her back legs!
She is not in season as she had her first season back in september so it cant be anything to do with that.
Have any of you seen this behaviour before or have any adeas why.
I am not worried,she is fine in every way but it is a bit strange to have started this now..any ideas??

Offline jools

• Site Member
Re: bum pushing!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 09:18:45 PM »
Hmmmm.....I'm sure I read somewhere that this is a pack behaviour / dominance type thing (so well described, I know  :005:). I think it was in The Dog Whisperer book.
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 10:45:19 PM »
It's a luurve thang!  :005:

There was a thread on this a while ago, can't find it. But it's perfectly normal and a lot of dogs do it. Mine do it when they want their bums scratched  :005:

Hmmmm.....I'm sure I read somewhere that this is a pack behaviour / dominance type thing (so well described, I know  :005:). I think it was in The Dog Whisperer book.

::)

Hope you threw that book away! Or better yet, gave it to the dog to eat!  :lol:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline jools

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 11:58:52 PM »
It's a luurve thang!  :005:

There was a thread on this a while ago, can't find it. But it's perfectly normal and a lot of dogs do it. Mine do it when they want their bums scratched  :005:

::)

Hope you threw that book away! Or better yet, gave it to the dog to eat!  :lol:

I chucked it in the bucket. I usually recycle all my books, but this was so sh*t that I didn't want to pass it on to anyone else.  :005:
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline wales07

• Site Member
  • Honey - rest in peace my precious
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 05:00:30 PM »
Thanks everyone i hadnt thought of it as a dominence thing but it did start when our eldest cocker honey( who is the pack leader being the eldest )was in season and so banished to the kitchen.Tess may have thought that this was her chance to get up the ,pecking order a bit...Honey is today clean enough to be back to having the run of the house and low and behold i havent seen tess doing it again yet.Isnt it funny how they behave sometimes...