Author Topic: After walk behaviour?  (Read 832 times)

Offline fizzyntiffy

• Donator
After walk behaviour?
« on: February 19, 2011, 05:53:38 PM »
We've been back for an hour now from a long wet & muddy walk and both Tiffany and Sasha have been manic - running up and down, surfing along the furniture digging holes in the carpet the sofa their beds, won't settle.  They also scatch their feet on the floor as if they're itchy.

They often do this after a walk but not as extreme as today.

Also, had to laugh, Sasha tends to snooze on top of her crate quite often so there's a thick blanket on it, vet bed, a donut bed & some soft toys. 30 mins ago Tiff decided that was the best place to be and made such a fuss I put a chair next to it so she could get up there  ph34r Cue Sasha standing next to Tiff on top of the crate looking with disbelief at Tiff who was digging in the bedding and scattering toys everywhere  :005: :005:

Anyone else's furry friends behave weirdly after they've been out in certain weather? 

Offline Sheepscheeks

• Have to keep running or me feets will freeze!
Re: After walk behaviour?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 06:51:06 PM »
Freddie tends to be rather crazy if he gets wet ears. This applies however his ears get wet. Wall of death, manic playing. He usually calms down after half an hour or so.
Paula & Freddie x

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 07:24:31 PM »
Alfie and Willow get very frisky if it's been wet.....charging up and down the lounge..wallies!

The worse however is Finn when his feet have been stung by nettles....bless him he goes potty and doesn't know what to do with himself....and ends up laying like this!
 :005:

Offline harveyroan

• little harvey
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 07:41:18 PM »
Alfie and Willow get very frisky if it's been wet.....charging up and down the lounge..wallies!

The worse however is Finn when his feet have been stung by nettles....bless him he goes potty and doesn't know what to do with himself....and ends up laying like this!
 :005:

My dog went nuts after one training session I thought he was going into a fit bouncing off furniture and bitting his feet. Mentioned this to my trainer and he said it could of been the nettles. I tried some piriton next training session and all was good( the vet recomended too) ;)

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 07:45:16 PM »
Yes we give Finn Piriton too......but it takes a while for his feet to 'cool' :lol2: