Author Topic: What time does yours get you up?  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Gemini

What time does yours get you up?
« on: February 28, 2013, 08:09:15 AM »
Ellie is 6 months old today, had her from 8 weeks. From day one she has had us up at 6am on the dot almost every morning :-\. Then goes back to sleep for 2 hours whist I'm sitting in my jimjams and dressing gown. Put it down to the breeder getting up at 7 am and us getting her just before the clocks were put back. In which case looking forward to the clocks going forward again so I can catch up on some beauty sleep.
Do they have built in alarm clocks?

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
Re: What time does yours get you up?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 08:20:26 AM »
Ellie is 6 months old today, had her from 8 weeks. From day one she has had us up at 6am on the dot almost every morning :-\. Then goes back to sleep for 2 hours whist I'm sitting in my jimjams and dressing gown. Put it down to the breeder getting up at 7 am and us getting her just before the clocks were put back. In which case looking forward to the clocks going forward again so I can catch up on some beauty sleep.
Do they have built in alarm clocks?

Hmmm dont know how to break this to you but my pair wake me every morning at the same time and have done for years - I have got very good at letting them out for a quick pee and going back to sleep myself , so much so that on the rare occasion they do not want to go out and are just mooching for a cuddle I have still gotten up come downstairs and then realised they were not following me :shades: ph34r ph34r :005:
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline kellyamina

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 08:22:12 AM »
anytime from 4am!! 430-5am is usual, sometimes 4..sometimes me lets me have a lay in till 530!  >:D

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 08:23:01 AM »
Honey is five months, she wakes up at 9am. I get up and have my breakfast and shower in peace, heaven... ;)
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline Gemini

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 08:35:24 AM »
Suppose we don't do bad then reading some of these replies, she goes down okay, usually around 10.30 ish , so we get nearly 8 hours. We do let her out when she first barks, then try and go back to bed, worked a couple of times but she's usually insistent and gets us up again so we can cuddle her while she goes back to sleep.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 08:38:07 AM »
Riley wakes a few times in the night, we can hear him either changing rooms to sleep in OR jumping on the bed and curling himself around my legs.
He does cry a bit usually about 6.30am-7am and Ive been known to let him out for the loo then myself go back up to bed. He usually follows and jumps back up beside me and falls asleep.

He is usually zonked out at night by 9pm but I try to stay up and let him out about 10pm but its earlier these nights (cant wait till clocks change)

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 08:41:45 AM »
5.30 onwards, one barks, two bark then the howling starts..... "get up John" say pauline!! >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline kellyamina

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 08:42:12 AM »
Ralph crashes out from around 630-7pm every night and I happily let him...i then force him out in the garden about 9ish for a wee...so I suppose its my own fault when hes up at 4!

Offline Walshies

• Fudge - our lovely chocolate boy
    • Masarnen Ramblers
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 08:43:50 AM »
Little Fudge has an amazing body clock - bo bos with dental biscuit at around 2300 then he doesn't stir until around 0700. He either squeaks his Alligator (not a euphemism) or rattles his den door if we are not up and about to remind us it is cuddles, toilet, walkies and brekkie time - in that order!  Back to sleep for a bit after all that - he is snoring his bonce off now as I type!

It's great having a cocker!
Check out our website at www.masarnenramblers.com

Offline Macette

• Lexi
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 10:30:28 AM »
Lexi can be awake from 5 or 6. But if I hear her before I get up I leave her till she goes quiet.then I get up usually about 6.15. She has been pretty good at putting herself back to bed if she wakes at 5 just gives a whimper or two, when she doesn't hear me she just gets back in bed.  Sometimes I make a point of getting up before her so she learns that I get up when she's quiet we'll that's the theory anyway lol. Lexi is now 14 weeks and still learning lol

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 10:42:18 AM »
Steff and Ellie up at 6am...
mr steff in bed(usually snoring :005:)
steff and Ellie have breakfast and a
comfort break (inside for me,outside for Ellie :005:)
Ellie has a pizzle while steff has coffee.
7am steff is all dressed and makes mr steff
a coffee and Ellie goes back to bed with mr
steff until Mini arrives about 8am.
Ellie does not sleep in the daytime once she
is up!

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 10:54:27 AM »
I get him up at about 8am  :shades: He would snuggle in bed all day if I let him I think.  ph34r Once he's up though - maniac.  :005:

Offline Lesley M

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 04:43:07 PM »
Rocky makes 7am on a good morning but only if I walk him at about 9.30..no walk then he's howling by 6am..gone are those wonderful lay in instead a wet nose and cuddles while he goes back to sleep and I'm wide awake!

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 04:47:16 PM »
Pippa is up at 6am.  She whines until I get up and let her out for a wee.  Then she wants to go upstairs wth me if I'm going back to bed but usually I start work (work from home) and she curls up on the chair for a snooze.  Barney sleeps through all this and wakes at 8am when Yvonne takes them both out for their morning walk.  By the time they're back, we are all ready for breakfast.

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 04:51:39 PM »
Jinley is all ready for bed by 9pm, but gets up for a "last wee" at about 10 before we all go to bed.

She gets up when I get up at about 8.30 - 9 am.

Proper lazy madam  :005: