Author Topic: Stealth Weeing - Help needed  (Read 2393 times)

Offline JoJo1974

Re: Stealth Weeing - Help needed
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2013, 11:03:20 AM »
When he went for a wee this morning I stayed out in the garden for a further 15 minutes.... nothing

Gave him his breakfast and walk.... nothing

Took him out to the garden before work... nothing

I am currently stalking him so wherever he goes I follow and have given hubby strict instructions to do the same whilst I am at work.

But to be honest before this morning he wouldn't even wee in the garden let alone anything else so I know eventually he will do a poo too. Its just a case of being patient.

I have tried lots of techniques in the garden from quickly out and in, to sitting out there for 2 hours.  Ignoring him, playing with him, everything..  Im sure we will find a solution but so far treats look like they will work.

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
    • Facebook page: A Spaniel's Tail
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2013, 11:06:31 AM »
Treats do work wonders lol.  I don't always give Lottie a treat now, but do every so often just to keep it reinforced.

I've also just invested in PoochieBells - so we are working on her ringing them to tell me when she wants to go out!!!   :005:

You will get there - small steps all add up to a great big leap   ;)

Offline Danielle

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2013, 01:49:18 PM »
omg omg omg he has just weed in the garden. I never in my life thought I would be so happy seeing a dog doing its business.  I may have praised him too much but I couldn't help it.  :D

Yayyyy!!! Glad it's looking up for you  :D

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2013, 04:15:16 PM »
Glad it seems to be working for you!  The more he wees in the garden, the more he will do it.  Just a little tip - when he eventually poos in the garden, if you can bear to leave it there rather than pick it up, it will encourage him to go there again.  When he's been there a few times you can start to pick it up as the smell will linger for him and he will be beginning to develop the habit.

Offline Newcockerparents

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2013, 05:11:48 PM »
Glad to hear things are improving   :lol:   I had to warn my friend who came to visit and stay last night that we talk about wee and poo alot, just ignore us. Watching the puppy shuffle with a poo at the end is a great moment  :banana:

Good luck  :003: :003:

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2013, 09:36:55 PM »
A bit random but does he poo in front of you in the house or wait until he is out of sight? Just thought that perhaps for some reason he has it in his head that he shouldn't go when there is a person about?

Millie