Author Topic: Leaky swollen ulcer/bite on puppy face  (Read 769 times)

Offline Rufus Ratbag

Leaky swollen ulcer/bite on puppy face
« on: August 28, 2013, 04:01:53 PM »
Hello! My names Rufus and I'm a 5 month old show cocker! I Love sticking my nose in bushes and plants and mummy and daddy are now worried as I have a swollen left face.?wasp sting ?bite.  It's gone down since Monday but now it's leaking clear fluid. The vet says it's not a wasp sting and gave me a jab for it. I have to go back tomorrow as its still leaking. Anyone know what it might be please? It doesn't bother me at all (except when mummy or the vet tried to look at it).

Love a very happy cocker :) xxx

Ps mummy has pictures but this is her first post so isn't sure if she can put them up...

Offline LinziS

• Erin
Re: Leaky swollen ulcer/bite on puppy face
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 05:10:01 PM »
Not sure what the cause could be but definitely put up a picture and someone may be able to help.

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 05:40:53 PM »
Brodie (Sarah/G) was bitten by a spider last year and his face came up very swollen.  Can you see any puncture wounds at all?

Offline Rufus Ratbag

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 09:16:17 PM »
Hello

No real puncture wound tbh just a weeping ulcer on the top of the swelling.

:(

How do you upload photos?? I've got two which could be looked at?

X

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 09:26:53 PM »
Hi could it be a puncture wound from a thorn on a shrub that is infected? tbh it sounds more like an insect bite to me - especially if it's weeping clear fluid?   

photo's - you can either upload them to a photo site such as Photobucket and then copy the link into your post....or when creating a reply you can see
+ Additional Options in blue on the left hand side.....if you click on this you then get the option to attach a photo but they do tend to be very small!

Hope it's nothing serious and Rufus is soon back to normal [and welcome to COL!]

Jayne
x

Offline Rufus Ratbag

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 09:23:17 AM »
Hi Jayne

Thanks for the photo advice. I might have to get on my computer as I'm on my phone at the moment. It seems to be healing I just don't know whether to go to the vets for another vaccination just to be sure... May give them a call to see what they say.

Rufus is very much himself haha! Little monkey!! The leaky stuff just doesn't phase him at all!!

:) xx

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 10:41:25 PM »
Oh Rufus, you poor boy!

We don't know what it is that has bitten you but we hope it gets sorted very soon for you.

Love from cockers Luis, Ollie, Gracie and their hooman Maureen. Xxx
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 11:51:14 PM »
Just been reading this - hope Rufus's face is better soon  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.