Author Topic: New Addition Wanted  (Read 1048 times)

Offline marie_231

• Site Member
New Addition Wanted
« on: May 24, 2005, 10:08:53 PM »
we are the very proud parents of a 15 month o.ld working cocker called benson, we go to obedience training several times a week , and are waiting to start agility very soon , we are now in a position to offer a very good home to another dog/bitch aged up to 3 years of age,preferably good with older children , mine are aged 17 and 14 , we also have a 100+ foot of secure garden if i can help , please contact me on ************ thank you very much

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
New Addition Wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 10:51:13 PM »
Hi Marie

Welcome to COL :) I've edited out your phone number as it's not always such a good idea to publish private numbers on public forums for security reasons. Members can still contact you using the Cockers Online email system (provided you have not opted to hide your email address) or by Private Messenging.

Jane
Jane

Offline PennyB

New Addition Wanted
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 09:34:51 AM »
Apart from contacting cocker rescue have you tried Many Tears (they rehome anywhere in the UK) as they sometimes get cockers in

Many Tears

or keep an eye on the boards on dogrescuepages:

Dogpages

Be careful rehoming from a private home as this doesn't always come with backup or the option to return a dog if any problems arise you can't deal with. Also bear in mind that rescue centres aren't always given the true/complete info on dogs when they receive them but at least you can have support from them etc.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Penel

New Addition Wanted
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 07:46:56 PM »
if you want another working cocker - from rescue - you will have to be patient !  they do come up but not that often - although more often than they used to sadly.  Do you think Benson would prefer a dog or a bitch to live with - he's quite submissive isn't he ?