Author Topic: Spots  (Read 370 times)

Offline VED

Spots
« on: September 27, 2014, 09:34:58 PM »
Hi all,my dog Bracken(10 months old) has developed a number of spots/scabs on the back of his neck,top of his head and a few small ones around his nose.I first noticed these last Saturday when brushing him.I kept a close eye on him during the week but on Wednesday 2 of the spots looked quite angry and sore so I took him to the vets on Thursday.The vet put it down to flea allergy dermatitis and Bracken was given a course of stronghold and a course of prednicare.Does anyone have any experience of flea allergy dermatitis ? Or any other thoughts on what the problem could be ? Bracken does seem to scratching a little bit but otherwise he seems fine.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
Re: Spots
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 10:48:46 PM »
Been really lucky so far on this - sorry to hear Bracken is suffering

I'm sure someone with more experience will be along to help with information soon

Hope Bracken recovers quickly x

Offline julie1

• Julie & Kez
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 09:31:01 AM »
Many year ago I had golden retrievers & a pot-bellied pig,   My goldie had lots of small scabs on her head & neck  :huh:   We then found her just lying there & letting the pig mate her head ph34r,   he was nibbling her in passion.  :luv: :lol2: You havent got a pot-bellied pig by any chance have you  :rofl1: :rofl1:
regards from Julie & Kez

Offline VED

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 07:50:30 PM »
Thanks for the input folks,No Julie we definatly haven't got a pot bellied pig ;)

Offline VED

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 07:51:15 PM »
Thanks for the input folks,No Julie we definatly haven't got a pot bellied pig ;)