Author Topic: Christmas tree .... Do I dare ??!!  (Read 4238 times)

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
Re: Christmas tree .... Do I dare ??!!
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2014, 05:01:11 PM »
Good luck but I bet he's fine.

Offline ruby n millies mum

• ruby and millies mum
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2014, 06:08:11 PM »
just avoid the chocolates.................I had a dog eat every single chocolate leaving the foil wrapper , concealing the crime...... :lol2:

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2014, 07:49:24 PM »
Rory was seven months when he saw his first Christmas tree. Despite usually being into everything, he was brilliant.  :clapping: :clapping:  I just made sure there was no chocolate anywhere near the tree but it was decorated as normal. The only disaster was one bauble got knocked off a bottom branch and got trampled on. I was so proud of him. Diana xx

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 01:57:17 PM »
Archie was 4 months old last year when our tree went up and I had to put some puppy panels around it (very festive, not  :shades:) so I was dubious when we put ours up last night.  He didn't bother us at all so left him all alone with it this morning for 4 hours and the little  :angel: was so good!!  I suppose it is time I had something positive from the little  >:D   :lol2:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2014, 03:50:46 PM »
Archie was 4 months old last year when our tree went up and I had to put some puppy panels around it (very festive, not  :shades:) so I was dubious when we put ours up last night.  He didn't bother us at all so left him all alone with it this morning for 4 hours and the little  :angel: was so good!!  I suppose it is time I had something positive from the little  >:D   :lol2:

Well done Archie :angel:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2014, 04:46:11 PM »
Roxy was 5 months and ball obsessed when we put up the tree the first year and we had no problems whatsoever. Bobby was 4 months for his first tree and again - not an issue at all. Just go for it  ;)
Roxy b.19.05.10  Bobby b.21.08.11
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

Offline Hamad

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 07:12:51 AM »
I *love* indoor plants and was really worried about Bertie but thankfully he didn't care for them and didn't bother our plastic christmas tree either although I noticed he really fixates on whatever I give lots of attention so I usually introduce new things while he's in another room or out for a walk.

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2014, 03:39:17 PM »
I must admit we bottled it last year

This year we are going away to stay with the kids so have not even bothered with the little one
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2014, 04:50:59 PM »
I must admit we bottled it last year

This year we are going away to stay with the kids so have not even bothered with the little one

:005: :005:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Ernies mum

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2014, 07:15:42 PM »
Lol everyone's replies have made me smile. We're now on Christmas tree countdown ... It goes up this weekend .  Im still going to take the plunge and put it up and maybe ernie will surprise me but I'm not feeling confident .at the weekend ernie found some tinsel on our walk and tried to eat it and today found a deflated foil balloon and wouldn't leave it until he'd run a couple of victory laps around the field at full pelt followed by zoomies !He seems to have a love for all things shinny  :005:

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2014, 05:46:03 AM »
Bea's first Christmas I put puppy panels up the same as geordietyke, a few days later I let her have a walk round it and she tried to bite the lights as they twinkled.

Now she is not bothered by it, that said if she is on her own with the tree the panels will go back up :D

If I don't make a fuss of something she gets board very quickly.

Good luck.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2014, 05:41:42 PM »
tree ignored but santa has been humped  ph34r
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Ernies mum

Re: Christmas tree .... Do I dare ??!! Updated
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2014, 06:26:22 PM »
Well I'm very happy to report that the tree has now been up since lunchtime and much to my amazement ernie has been brilliant .... Weve even got baubles , which for a ball obsessed puppy I thought would be a huge temptation ! Initially ernie sniffed at the tinsel and after a firm "leave it " he walked away , he did go back to checkout the baubles and looked at me as he was about to try to put one in his mouth ( the look on his face was a picture , almost as if to say I know I shouldn't but I can't help myself ) and again then came away after another firm "leave it "  :luv:
Since then he's ignored the tree completely !
I'm not going to push my luck though so ernie will not be left alone with the tree  :005:

Offline Neil

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2014, 08:55:16 PM »
I have to admit I've been unsure what to do since first reading this thread. Bobby is 5 months old now and I've recently stopped confining him in his crate when left alone so he is left free in the lounge-diner. (He's restricted from the rest of the house as I have 3 cats who have not yet come to terms with the new addiction to our household.)

Anyway, yesterday I took the plunge and bought a 6 ' tree, which is about the biggest will fit in my room and my car, and decorated it with tree lights, hanging balls and a few other things.

As the tree is in the lounge-diner inevitably there are long times when Bobby is alone in the room with the potential for mischief.

He only shows modest interest in the tree, although he was quite excited when I was putting it up and decorating it and, so far, I've had no problems. The worst problem so far is that he likes to drink the water from the tree stand. I guess if that's the worst of it then things are OK :)

Offline HJandKatie

• Loki - Working Cocker
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2014, 10:59:03 PM »
So far Loki (11 months) has ignored the tree, I might plug the lights in and decorate it next week!