Author Topic: My Roxy is Jaundiced-so worried  (Read 3893 times)

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
Re: My Roxy is Jaundiced-so worried
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2016, 09:43:43 PM »
So very sorry for you both, thinking of you both  :luv:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2016, 10:45:57 PM »
Sending positive and healing thoughts for you. So sorry it was not better news, hope a workable solution can be found.  :bigarmhug:

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2016, 09:49:17 AM »
Sending over healing and positive thoughts for Roxy, praying for positive news :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline daw

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2016, 09:51:04 AM »
I'm so sorry it's not better news. Thinking of you and her.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2016, 02:43:25 PM »
Thinking of you X

Offline Claire83

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2016, 02:54:03 PM »
Thank you so much you're all so kind. Xxxx
Had an update this morning. They started her on some supportive medication and Vitamin K to assist with her clotting last night. She finally ate a bowl of food late this morning. We're waiting for the full report on her aspirate biopsy from last night but it sounds more like an advancedliver disease and  will know the cause shortly. Thankfully the big 'C' has been ruled out but her liver is angry and in the words of the vet "p*ssed off". They have been amazing at the RVC and I've had 4 update phone calls since leaving her yesterday. We've decided to opt for her to have a 'true cut biopsy' over a surgical disection  biopsy. The true cut biopsy is done laparoscopically and she'll be sedated for approx 30-40 mins. This will hopefully enable us to decide on how to support and manage her disease and see how advanced it is. The thoughts of the vet is that she wouldn't tolerate very well the full surgical biopsy right now and so we feel it's safer to do the other.
Safe to say I've been incredibly tearful than ever and it was horrible waking up without her in our room this morning. She always follows me to the bathroom to drink from the bidet tap and sits on the bed whilst I get ready.
The hope is that if all goes well with the biopsy tomorrow morning we may be able to bring her home tomorrow evening. X
The cocker spaniel.........It will leave paw prints on your heart which will remain with you, Forever!
'Roxy' (Stellenbosch Demeter)14.06.07-01.10.19 - Forever loved & missed. xoxo
'Milo' (Laurellakes Viktor Rolf) 01.12.2020-

Offline Darwin

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2016, 04:08:32 PM »
Thinking of you.

:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Having only got Darwin home last Friday after a weeks stay at the RVC I know how wonderful all the staff are. 

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2016, 05:05:31 PM »
It really does sound a wonderful place and you're very lucky that she's being cared for by experts, I'm sure they'll do their very best for her. 
Fingers crossed that all goes well tomorrow and that she can go home with you. Sending out all the positive thoughts I can!!  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2016, 05:18:34 PM »
Sending lots of  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: for you both at this incredibly difficult and upsetting time x
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Claire83

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2016, 06:37:31 PM »
The RVC have been exceptional so far. Had another update call a short while ago to tell me she is doing well. She's quite a needy little dog (always has been) loves, company and fuss and a play and so the nurses appear to spending plenty of time with her to stop her feeling so sad and anxious. I know I'm desperately missing her as is my wonderful hubby who has been so supportive even if a little quiet.
I haven't posted on COL for sometime. I often pop in and out to see what's going on and used to post quite a bit when Roxy was younger but I just want to say thank you all for being so supportive. I don't have many doggie friends or many people around who understand what it feels like. I don't have children but Roxy is as close to one as I'll ever get, so it means the world to have such wonderful people on here who understand. xx
The cocker spaniel.........It will leave paw prints on your heart which will remain with you, Forever!

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2016, 09:18:36 PM »
It sounds like Roxy is being very well looked after and getting a little bit of extra attention, which is important for her.  Prayers and healing thoughts for your little one  :bigarmhug:   xx

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2016, 09:26:08 PM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: thinking of you both
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2016, 05:39:27 AM »
Bea was in the RVC Internal Medicine department in June, she is a very Human orientated Cocker and loves her cuddles and fuss  :luv:

The Team where always popping in to give her cuddles and Jessica Florey her Vet had a real soft spot for her so I think Bea got her usual amount of fuss if not more ( is that possible ?) :005:

Positive thoughts for you all.
Sharon.

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2016, 01:09:45 PM »
Hi Claire, it's devastating when  both you and your pooch are both helpless.  I know how you feel. Another member from our era,  Steelygirl , with Freddy, has had a similar problem. At least five years ago Fred was diagnosed with cirrhosis, with dire prospects, but is still bouncing around. You may be able to message her should you need to.
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline Claire83

• Site Member
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2016, 10:51:53 AM »
We're also under Jessica Florey and Gemma a final year Vet. They've both been amazing and I would highly recommend her.
We collected Roxy last night. She's unlike the dog we left there and still a sick little spaniel. We're under no illusion that we may only have weeks or months left so will cherish every second. She is still high as a kite after her biopsy yesterday and very disorientated. Much of this is to do with her liver metabolising the drugs a lot more slowly and also the ammonia build up which is causing her encephalopathy. She has 5 medications too.
 I've had to pop to work but have a doggie friend sitting with her until my husband gets home at lunchtime. She's very whimpery and needy which is to be expected. She has a sore throat from being tubed. Thanks again for your well wishes she needs all the prayers she can get. Xxx