Author Topic: Ruperts Foot  (Read 3757 times)

Offline RupertandBertiesmum

Re: Ruperts Foot
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2016, 11:41:15 PM »
Just to update you all. Ruperts foot is a lot worst.
We are going back to the vets tomorrow. The lump has grown to three times its original size since Wednesday. We are going to ask to be referred to either Fitzpatrick Referrals or Royal Vet Hospital (preferably Fitzpatrick because it is near to where we live) but RVH is very good. He has been an inpatient twice this year.
Fingers crossed please.

Offline tenaille

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2016, 06:32:22 AM »
everything crossed for you

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2016, 10:58:57 AM »
Thinking of you and Rupert and sending positive and healing thoughts for a good outcome :luv: :luv: :bigarmhug:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 11:38:20 AM »
thank you. we are going at 12.30 and I am feeling more and more worried. he has had a tummy upset as well

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2016, 09:36:13 AM »
Just wondering how you got on, keeping everything crossed here for Rupert
sending  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: for you

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2016, 11:46:31 PM »
We ended up being referred to Royal Vet College and went on Wednesday. They kept Rupert in and did various tests. They were unsure what was wrong with his foot but their demonologist decided not to biopsy it in the end (although we had been told that this what was to be done). They gave some special shampoo which is not available from your normal vet and we have had to wash ruperts feet 3 times daily and leave the shampoo on for 20 minutes at a time. He was given an eye wash for his eyes.
The good news is that the lump on his foot is being to go down.  I have managed to get him socks to prevent him licking his feet. His eyes are much improved.
However the bad news is that RVS have found something wrong with his heart and his liver count has gone up considerably.
But he is much brighter in himself so hopefully we have more time.

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2016, 12:48:00 AM »
Just thought I would update you all. Ruperts foot is completely healed now. He has a small thickened spot on his paw but the hair has grown back and covered this.
However, when he was at the Royal Vet College they discovered he had something wrong with his heart. He had an ecg and the decided he had to wear a halti for 24 hours to give a full heart reading. The results of this are a normal dog heart beats at 100 per minute his heart beat is very irregular going up to 300 per minute at times.
We were at the vets again today with his liver count and our vet given all the complex issues he has you would not believe it to see him.  He goes for walks, eats vey well especially human food, likes going out in the car and is generally a very happy cocker.
He does pant a lot which is getting worst, and he is very very very affectionate at the moment.  We have started him on heart pills and are waiting for the latest results from his liver. His last score was rising in spite of the treatment.  His dry eye is also worst and we have been told to up the dose.
We have decided that we will carry along the path we are going on until he becomes very distressed or in pain.
At the moment he is a happy boy - long may it last.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2016, 01:14:32 AM »
and long may it continue - I think we're always amazed at such complex problems as we'd be moaning the whole time if we had them

the best you can hope is he has a good quality of life enjoying his time with you
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2016, 08:33:37 AM »
So glad to read about Rupert and do hope that his health will steady now.

Enjoy each day Rupert my boy :luv:
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2016, 10:35:16 PM »
Hope Rupert carries on being a happy boy for a long long time.