Author Topic: Benjamin 5 Year Old Boy @ Many Tears  (Read 3388 times)

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
Benjamin 5 Year Old Boy @ Many Tears
« on: October 23, 2016, 09:04:28 PM »
http://www.manytearsrescue.org/display_mtar_dog.php?id=16073

14-05-2016 Benjamin is a terrified 3 year old cocker spaniel. He lived at a very large breeding kennels and was not handled. He is extremely freaked by people and feels that if he cannot see you then you won't see him. So if you approach, although he is warning you away with low growls, if you keep approaching, he hides his face to the corner of his unit and buries his head in his blankets. Her has had a very sad life. he is Sylvia's project dog and you can read his progress in her diary. If you feel you can continue her work please apply to adopt or foster but do be aware that this dog will need a person who has lots of experience with such dogs as he will take some time to improve and could go backwards if you do not go at his pace and give him space and time.

31-05-16 UPDATE

Benjamin has now been in foster with me a week, if you have been following him on Sylvia's Diary you can see just how much he has changed.
Yes he is still scared of humans but does come to us and sniff our fingers.  He lays on the sofa and will stay there if I walk in slowly and slowly sit down.  He is a lot more relaxed and has found the garden and getting more brave each day.  He now carries his tail high instead of tucked under him. Small steps but all in the right direction.

UPDATE 02-07-16

Benjamin is starting to relax a lot more, he loves the sofa, and will stay on there when I go and sit next to him. He also comes running up to me with the other dogs when I walk in the room but is still not brave enough to come up to me, but still lovely to see him.

06-08-16 UPDATE

Benjamin is becoming more relaxed, he now lays on the floor while we are in the room, he has also started to play with some of the other dogs. We hope to start getting him out for walks soon, but only if he his happy with this, as he has come such a long way, we don't want to upset him too much. Benjamin is very much a 'work in progress', but if you feel you have the experience to help him, then please do apply.

04-10-16 UPDATE

Benjamin is really starting to love home life, when we walk in the room, he comes running with his tail wagging, just like the other dogs, is starting to follow us round, all these are big steps for him. He still doesn't like human touch, but we are happy that he is now coming to us, when in another part of the house. Benjamin is very much in love with another of my long stay foster dogs, Midhurst the choc lab, she too was very scared when she first arrived, he has learnt a lot from her.

15-10-16 UPDATE

Today Benjamin went out for his first ever walk, he did really well, even though he is still very scared, we did have a couple of very scared moments, but I just picked him up, and he calmed back down. The walk was in my friends field, so very quiet we will keep doing this , till he feels more confident, before taking him out of a more public walk.

Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline PennyB

Re: Benjamin 5 Year Old Boy @ Many Tears
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 12:01:40 AM »
Still looking
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 10:08:40 PM »

Sad....but at least he is in a lovely foster home for however long it takes to find his forever home  :luv:
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 12:00:18 PM »
At least he is not in kennels but with lovely foster carers  :luv:
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly

Offline Sumava Cockers

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 01:47:39 PM »
Such a sad start to life.  Poor little boy.

He's truly lucky to have fallen in with the 1sttimecockermum family.  Well done you.  What you've done is amazing.

Breeding stations who's systems create abused dogs like this should be named and shamed, and their directors publicly outed.  It makes me so angry to see this happening time after time.
Sarka, Jon and Barnaby B