Author Topic: Dementia help  (Read 1689 times)

Offline sammye

• Site Member
Dementia help
« on: December 29, 2016, 10:42:16 AM »
Hi all, my little lady is 12 and im thinking she has dementia and its getting worse each week, shes had bloods done and they were fine an was given medication for dementia but it has made no difference, i was wondering if anyone else has had any experience of these symptoms, she seems in her own world, paces around the house, she has always been a very clean dog but is now just having a wee anywhere, even wen she was standing on the sofa the other day, she is pooing in the house every night and is getting quiet aggressive mainly with the other dogs but has done it with me, and she is obsessed with licking my youngest cocker who isnt bothered  most of the time but if he tries to get away she growls and pins him down, we are thinking maybe its coming time to make a decision but its so hard..  :huh:     

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Dementia help
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 02:38:58 PM »
So sorry to hear this, it must be awful for you, its such a horrible situation, especially if she's physically still fit. My first dog, a GSD, was finally put to sleep aged 14, his hips were going anyway but when he started to mess in the house, we too had to make the heartbreaking decision. I wasn't unduly worried about clearing up, I'd have been prepared to take that on board at his age but the distress and confusion was upsetting and I felt I owed him his dignity. Sorry not to have any helpful advice but just wanted to send positive thoughts!

Offline sammye

• Site Member
Re: Dementia help
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 02:49:50 PM »
yeah she is going shaky on her back legs, and i know what you mean about cleaning up that does not worry me at all, its just the distress that its causing her... thanks for the reply..xx