Author Topic: Looking for a rescue cocker  (Read 3184 times)

Offline octopus

• Site Member
Looking for a rescue cocker
« on: January 28, 2017, 06:28:40 AM »
Hi Everyone,
I lost my old cocker earlier this month, the last of 3 'sisters', at the grand age of 15 3/4yrs. I am looking for an older / adult dog and looking at all the usual rescue sites. However if anyone here hears or knows of a dog looking for an experienced cocker home, I'd be really pleased to hear from you. Whilst I think it is the dog themselves that matters if I had a choice, I suppose I would look for a gold/red girl of 1yr upwards to 8yrs + depending on their health. I live in the Midlands, and am a very active retired person, whose dogs are her life. Thanks!
Annie G

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
Re: Looking for a rescue cocker
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 11:30:26 AM »
Really sorry to read of your loss.

It would be worth getting in touch with Spaniel Aid or Spaniel Assist (both have Facebook pages) to organise a home check and get on to their lists.  I am aware that CAESSR have a wait list at the moment. 

Jayne

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 12:56:05 PM »
I don't know where you are in the midlands but East Midland Dog Rescue (near Leicester) have a lovely girl at the moment.

http://www.eastmidlandsdogrescue.org/Needing-a-Home/Needing-a-home/needing-a-home_9.html

If she is not suitable, they often have ex breeding bitches in so it may be worth asking to be put on the waiting list.
Good luck in your quest, and please let us know how you get on.
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 06:20:11 PM »
I don't know where you are in the midlands but East Midland Dog Rescue (near Leicester) have a lovely girl at the moment.

http://www.eastmidlandsdogrescue.org/Needing-a-Home/Needing-a-home/needing-a-home_9.html

If she is not suitable, they often have ex breeding bitches in so it may be worth asking to be put on the waiting list.
Good luck in your quest, and please let us know how you get on.

She is a stunner  :luv:   
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline cockersarespecialpeople

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 12:07:55 AM »
So sorry to hear of your loss.  We, too, lost our last beautiful cocker suddenly at age 13 earlier this month, having lost his "sister" only two months previously.

You could try the Cocker Spaniel Club page which has an adoption questionnaire to fill in -

http://www.thecockerspanielclub.co.uk/rescue.htm

Good luck with your search.
Millie & Raffles running free over the Bridge.  Miss you always our special ones.

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 03:43:51 PM »
Many tears have quite a few cockers in most of them red, worth having a look if you are willing to travel
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline rubybella

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 01:44:14 PM »
Hi. I am volunteer for Spaniel Aid. Can I recommend you look at their website and Facebook page. We regularly have adult cocker spaniels in need of experienced cocker owners. There will be at least two red/golden cockers looking for homes shortly!

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 02:25:53 PM »
Hi. I am volunteer for Spaniel Aid. Can I recommend you look at their website and Facebook page. We regularly have adult cocker spaniels in need of experienced cocker owners. There will be at least two red/golden cockers looking for homes shortly!

Oh yes, I can vouch for the very handsome Chester - what a handsome boy!  If I didn't live so far away, I would definitely fill out the adoption form.  He reminds me very much of my first cocker who owned me back in the 80s. 

Good luck for the future.
Millie & Raffles running free over the Bridge.  Miss you always our special ones.

Offline octopus

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 10:48:47 PM »
Thanks to everybody who has posted and for all the very helpful suggestions. I am scouring all the websites especially Spaniel Aid, and filled in forms for Cocker Club Rescue and tried phoning cocker breeders direct for retiring show dogs, so I am keeping my fingers crossed and my eyes peeled. Happy for any other suggestions too. Will let you know how I get on!
Annie G

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 10:55:19 PM »
Thanks to everybody who has posted and for all the very helpful suggestions. I am scouring all the websites especially Spaniel Aid, and filled in forms for Cocker Club Rescue and tried phoning cocker breeders direct for retiring show dogs, so I am keeping my fingers crossed and my eyes peeled. Happy for any other suggestions too. Will let you know how I get on!

Hi again Octopus, don't know if it's of interest but I know of a breeder looking to home a 7 1/2 year old ex-show black neutered male.  I'm new on here so not completely sure, but I assume I would have to PM you with her details after checking with the breeder that it's okay to inform you?  If you get my meaning!!

Offline octopus

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 10:13:59 AM »
Yes please PM me, Thanks Anne
Annie G

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 01:23:11 PM »
I'm new on here so not completely sure, but I assume I would have to PM you with her details after checking with the breeder that it's okay to inform you?  If you get my meaning!!

You are right.  We don't allow ads or direct links to breeders, but if you want to pm details that is fine  ;)
Julie and Watson

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 02:08:27 PM »
Thanks Julie!