Author Topic: Introducing a 9 month WCS and collect 11 week old WCS next week  (Read 577 times)

Offline Ebb and Flo

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone had any advice on the introduction of an 11 week old pup (Ebb) to our 9 month old (Flo). 

Flo's an absolute joy, quick to learn and happy to meet everyone and has just finished her first season.  She is crated in the house at night and settled in very quickly. (I'd bought a snuggle puppy which has its own heartbeat and warmth to reassure young pups when separated from mum and litter mates).

Should I keep the pups separated at night in different crates?  I have also bought Ebb her own snuggle pup for the times I am training Flo so she won't be by herself.  Also, didn't want there to be an issue over toys between them. 

I know it is going to be a lot of work but we're up for the challenge, and wanted 2 dogs close in age.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Introducing a 9 month WCS and collect 11 week old WCS next week
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 03:58:38 PM »
Congratulations..........I just love the names, not sure how to advise re crating only have the one dog, but someone will be along with advice soon.

Cuddles to Ebb and Flo :luv:
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 04:33:37 PM »
Mine all sleep in their own crates in the bedroom at night, or during the day they each have their own day crate to settle, feed and relax in. I do this mainly because one of them can be very greedy and bossy and would eat his own food and the other's too given the chance.

I think it will depend a lot on the temperament of each of the dogs as to what best suits and how you go forward.

Love the names
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Ebb and Flo

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 09:54:00 AM »
Thank you for your comments, really appreciate you taking the time to respond.  Looking forward to updating the pic with one that has both in!

Offline sodpot2000

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 01:50:00 PM »
They will decide for themselves what they are going to do, and, as with so much about cockers, there will only be a limited amount you can do about!