Author Topic: Crazy Cocker behaviour!  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
Crazy Cocker behaviour!
« on: August 11, 2017, 02:37:31 PM »
As soon as I get the lawn mower out Grace will start eating grass - sometimes it's so bad I have to lock her indoors until I've finished mowing - it's like she can't bear the mower to get all the grass! 

If I'm weeding she will join in with that too and go round the pathways eating weeds!

I know children like to copy their parents - is this behaviour similar to that, or is it that she's annoyed the mower eats all the grass?

Does anyone else have a Cocker that's a keen gardener? :)

Offline BonnieScot

• Site Member
Re: Crazy Cocker behaviour!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 03:36:49 PM »
Oh yes. Bonnie's speciality is pruning the shrubs. She nips round the back and chews off a sizeable branch to bring in for applause and shredding on the rug. And, when she's having a phantom pregnancy, all of my shrubs have dog sized holes behind them in case she wants to bury a pretend baby. Sigh. 

Offline TheAdventuresofBarnaby

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 05:06:40 PM »
Yes,  we have the same grass eating and weeding routine.  I think its a Cocker thing.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 05:14:20 PM »
Nose right under the clippers is Humphrey's most annoying habit, I've nearly cut it off a couple of times!!

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 07:52:31 PM »
I was so worried about Bea "discovering" slugs and snails as a Pup, on our night time toilet visits I would pick them all up in a bucket,  Bea thought this was a great game and would always bring a snail in >:D

It got so bad that I had to close all the doors from the kitchen, she would drop the snail before being allowed into the rest of the house >:(

Thankfully it didn't last too long, lesson learned  :005:

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 05:51:10 PM »
Dogs eat grass for many reasons one of them being unsure of the situation I think your pup is a little worried of the lawn mower
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 09:00:50 AM »
Dogs eat grass for many reasons one of them being unsure of the situation I think your pup is a little worried of the lawn mower

She definitely isn't worried about the lawn mower - as soon as I get the extension reel out and head towards the shed she sets about eating the grass as fast as she can as she knows its about to be cut - she will also try to beat the lawn mower to an area - she is wagging her tail the whole time, it's a game to her.  She is more laid back with the weeding as pulling weeds is a lot slower than cutting the grass, so she ambles about eating the weeds and keeping a check on me at the same time - again, it's definitely some kind of copying game as she only eats weeds when I'm weeding and grass when I'm cutting the grass - she has never eaten the grass while I'm weeding or vice versa.

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 03:48:50 PM »
In the eyes of a cocker its called "helping"  :005: :005:

Offline hoover

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 04:19:25 PM »
Lol, never seen this with Ollie but he does want a piece of the dishwasher action and looks at me dolefully each time it is opened to reveal sparkling clean dishes...'you know I could have done that, don't you?.