Author Topic: The never ending trials and tribulations of Henry the Absconder  (Read 2811 times)

Offline Ambler54

Re: The never ending trials and tribulations of Henry the Absconder
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2017, 05:26:47 PM »
Rosie is a bit younger than Henry( I have been following your posts for quite a while) and is fine until distracted...by anything.....but about a month ago it was as if something triggered in Her brain and She is like a different dog, but We have also started agility classes and these have made a real differnce to Her behaviour.It might seem silly but She is more focused.She is having to learn lots of commands and it is almost as if She is actually listening even in the agility group.And I have learned a lot from the group.It is a different way of training in some ways but does seem to suit Rosie and I.

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2017, 09:43:32 PM »
Rosie is a bit younger than Henry( I have been following your posts for quite a while) and is fine until distracted...by anything.....but about a month ago it was as if something triggered in Her brain and She is like a different dog, but We have also started agility classes and these have made a real differnce to Her behaviour.It might seem silly but She is more focused.She is having to learn lots of commands and it is almost as if She is actually listening even in the agility group.And I have learned a lot from the group.It is a different way of training in some ways but does seem to suit Rosie and I.

I think that's really interesting. I think a lot of it does have to do with building a relationship with your dog where value lies with you. If Rosie is really enjoying the agility classes with you, that's something of value added to your relationship.
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline ips

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2017, 09:50:17 PM »

I think that's really interesting. I think a lot of it does have to do with building a relationship with your dog where value likes with you. If Rosie is really enjoying the agility classes with you, that's something of value added to your relationship.

I think its bang on. Whatever "work" you do with them the dog feels like your a team and looks at you in a different way. Working dogs are exactly that, they want to work and anyone who facilitates that becomes an important and respected member of the team. My girl loves working for me even if its just training
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.