Author Topic: trying to be prepared for a big change!  (Read 2328 times)

Offline James+Carly

Re: trying to be prepared for a big change!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 11:39:09 PM »
Yes that sounds like a great idea! Although even though Oscar is nearly 2, we still keep him on a long line in the park/fields as his recall and 'park etiquette' isn't the best (the little monkey)  >:D

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 06:15:44 PM »
Ah that's very reassuring haha as we tend to keep Leo on a long line when he's somewhere new aswell, recall is good but his manners with other dogs are not quite there either haha

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 07:26:45 PM »
Hi all,
So daddy's been gone for a week now.  All was going beautifully, Leo was a little unsure of himself and wanted lots of cuddles for a few days. He also runs to the door and cries everytime he hears someone outside but other than that it was all going well..
He has daddy's t-shirts in his bed which he is carrying everywhere.

The clocks have changed and I'm not sure if it's the time changing or a delayed reaction but today and yesterday he seems to be struggling. He's been crying at 4am (has never woken us up in 10 months of having him)
He is CONSTANTLY attached to me.. won't leave my side.
But more worryingly he actually looks a little stressed. His eyes look different and slightly red and tonight he's going to the front door at every single sound.

Any ideas? It breaks my heart a little and as I'm still adjusting to it myself I'm worried that I will react wrong

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2017, 08:48:19 PM »
the clocks changing upsets my dogs routine. its a pity we can not adjust their body clocks. I do not think the longer nights help either.
I wonder if you add  your teeshirts to " dads" pile and  then sneakily take dads away from him.  Do not worry about him forgetting his dad because he wont .
  it has only been 1 week (although i should think its feels longer) so still early days to readjust bless him

Just had a thought while reading your winter coat post.  there is a item called a Thunder Shirt.  they help with anxiety.  there was a post on facebook about you making one out of a bandage. wondered if you could do similar with dads teeshirt .
Also look up Adaptal collars and  plug ins.
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2017, 11:24:04 PM »
Hi MIN many thanks for your post. I do worry that he will forget him Haha!
Great shout with the thunder shirt, we actually have one already.. didn't think to use it but might try for the next few days to see if it chills him out

Many thanks